Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • im off to mexico on thursday….
  • oneoneoneone
    Free Member

should i be worried???? i have heard that you have a greater chance of geting swine flu in the uk

im off to playa del carmen if that helps. it was a free holiday so i couldnt turn it down

Drac

No it's just flu anyway.

trailmonkey

you do realise that playa del carmen translates as "dead in a week" don't you ?

slugwash
    Free Member

I've been to Playa del Carmen when I was cycling from Cancun to Guaetamala and I would suggest that, even if you never left the beach you'd be a million times more likely to get run over by a Mexican driver, or die of alcohol poisoning than contract swineflu De me TEQUILA, senor 😉

Enjoy..

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

great thanks!!!

btw is there good riding out there?? should i take a set of spd's and shoes??

slugwash
    Free Member

is there good riding out there?? should i take a set of spd's and shoes??

Don't bother! We went at about this time of year and it was painful to even consider leaving the shade. I've cycled in the desert several times and handled it well but humid tropical heat is energy sapping. The best time of the cycling day was mid afternoon when the heavens opened up and cooled you down for a while. I didn't particulary enjoy much of the cycling until we reached the cooler mountains of Belize and Guatamala and the roads in the Yucatan peninsular were generaly narrow, lined with thorn bushes and patrolled by speeding Mexican truck drivers.

Take a mask and snorkel, some paracetamol and a stack of books to read 'cos you'll either be up to your neck in the sea or chilling out in the shade with several long drinks to stay cool.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

thanks for the advice!!

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

well it looks like i should have been worried!!

less than 6 hours back in the country and i have been put on tammiflu!!

swine-flu is evil much worse than any other flu i have had!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘im off to mexico on thursday….’ is closed to new replies.