Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • i’m now officially in the market for a hardtail
  • eth3er
    Free Member

so suggest away, nothing fancy, weird is good, the budget is around £600* i had in my heard a charge duster singlespeed but can swayed by more sensible options. I ride mostly in the peaks. I’m not overly aggressive, an almost sensible type rider, will be doing SITS solo (so looking for something that’ll work there too), i like jazz, poetry and i sometimes pick my nose when no one is looking.

*totally unrelated but i put in a £700 quote for a partial rewire (sidejob cash in hand type deal) this morning, funny that. again unrelated; honest.

matt_outandabout

go to Decathlon! bargainlicious…

roach

Pick up some cheap bits off here and build yourself a nice long travel hardtail (just happen to have a Dialled PA frame if your interested 🙂 )

ton

size?????

eth3er
    Free Member

i’m 6’2, i knew i’d forget something.

roach, give me details.

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

You took this pic:

…….and I was 790.

Recomend a Cotic Soul – Awesome. I loved the bike in that pic(Stumpjumper), but now ride it in bad conditions to preserve my beloved Soul.

🙂

racing_ralph
    Free Member

What about tons rocky ridge?

ton

eth3er
    have you seen my marin on classifieds.
    not far from your budget.
    we could meet halfway….. 8)

racing_ralph
    Free Member

What about tons rocky ridge?

ton

rr, great minds eh…………. 😉

eth3er
    Free Member

I might possibly be the wrong man for you ton, my time frame is more like end of the month and you seem to want to sell kinda now. If however I’m wrong then I’m the right man for you.

Steve, cool picture right? I wish I could claim it, my best friend took that, well she was my photographer so I think it counts for something.

ton

ether, i am in no rush.
    if you want the bike you can have it and pay me when you get the dosh…..

fennerhorne
    Free Member

Have you seen my Bright Orange Gary Fisher Ferrous(26″) Ox True Temper steel on classifieds? It’s a spotless frame (with an EBB, geared or SS) Vanilla 125rs, Avid Juicy 3s, Bonty Race Disc etc., all qaulity kit. Martin

eth3er
    Free Member

right then, where in the world are you?

ton

leeds mate.

eth3er
    Free Member

Oh goody, i’m in Sheffield (the capital of the peoples’ republic of Yorkshire, aint tha herd). You’re about to get mail.

edit. you now in fact have mail.

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

Yep, cool pic. Don’t know exactly how I came across it, but searching for SITS 2007 pics. It lead me to looking at some other pics you had at the time. You there this year?

eth3er
    Free Member

Yeah i’ll be there. I’m now addicted, even after last years’ muddled muddy mess, which I rather worryingly enjoyed. How about you?

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ll be there mate. I sure enjoyed O7 more than 08, but it is addictive. I’d be at MM too, if it wasn’t for 2 of last years team marrying each other – on that weekend 😡 (perverts 😉 ). I’ll try and get in touch, and we’ll meet up hopefully. We live locally, and gonna set up thursday night next to track. I’ll be putting the totem pole up again. I will remember, and message you nearer the time though.

eth3er
    Free Member

cool.

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

Nice one.

[edit]
    Just took in your first post, and see you’re solo – hopefully see you friday then, and good luck!

Riofer
    Free Member

eth3er, I may be in the market for some wiring work in the summer. If your interested I can get in touch nearer the time.

Rio

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘i’m now officially in the market for a hardtail’ is closed to new replies.