• This topic has 55 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Solo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • I'm not fat, my BMI says so.
  • IanMunro
    Free Member

Whenever the subject of BMI comes up, they’ll be a variety of biffers claiming that BMI is inaccurate, and they’re not really biffers, but just big boned athletes.
    Meanwhile all the people with a normal BMI smile at the chubbsters in denial.
    Well wipe that smile away, because 39% of you with normal BMIs are lard buckets also 😀

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0033308

jota180
    Free Member

I can’t say I give a shit TBH

Although, I’d hate to have the physique of a 13 yr old gymnast that some seem to think is OK

How did you manage to find such a dull article?

Jamie
    Free Member

How did you manage to find such a dull article?

I’m sure if you ask Ian nicely, he can dumb it down to your level. Possibly add some pictures.

And what’s your level Jamie? Saying things behind a keyboard that I very much doubt you’d have the balls to say to someone’s face?

Well done.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I can’t speak for jamie, but I’d have no trouble saying such things to someone’s face. It’s just normal light hearted banter. Or do you have visions of the only way to say such things is with an angry red face, veins bulging on you’re forehead with a wound out neck? 😀

*I’ve added a smiliey to indicate that no blood vessels were burst writing this 🙂

Pyro

BMI was never designed as an individual measure, it’s a broad-brush, simple, rough guide calculation to allow a generalised comparison between population groups, not individuals. It’s a fairly meaningless measure, whether you’re a skinny wee ****, a “big-boned athlete” or a straight out-and-out fatass. People obsess over this far too much…

Pyro

PS – I fit into the “big-boned athlete” category. I’d be skinny if I didn’t love beer and pies so much… 🙂

IanMunro
    Free Member

I suspect I probably fit in the biffer in denial category. Pretty normal BMI, but not much muscle and probably quite a bit more fat than I’d own up to 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Jamie strikes me as being abit angry at life ATM.

My BMI is 28. I could do with some toning up I admit however I wouldn’t say obese!

Bagstard
    Free Member

28.4! Eat that suckas!!!

eyerideit
    Free Member

Pyro – Member
    PS – I fit into the “big-boned athlete” category. I’d be skinny if I didn’t love beer and pies so much…

Pies and beer make your bones bigger – I’ve got skinny wrists and ankles so I might give it a go 😉

22.01 the NHS website tells me

Keva
    Free Member

mines 21.7.

BMI 20-25 — Normal Weight

which means I’m only just normal, sounds about right.

Kev

rkk01
    Free Member

BMI is just under 26 for me, but I’ve never regarded it as a useful measure for individuals.

To be <25 I’d need to be below 14st 4lbs, which would pretty much take me back to teenage years

freeride_frankie
    Free Member

I’m not reading that, there’s no piccy’s!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m pretty lean.

Solo
    Free Member

Ooo !.

I love Roasted, salted, Pistachio nuts.

Yuurrrmmm.

😉

eyerideit
    Free Member

21.23 for me, I’m still carrying some winter lard though. 😛

wrecker
    Free Member

I’m trying to get my BMI up to 28.5.
    Whilst doing so, I’m eating healthier than I ever have and training very hard (CV & Strength). It’s at 27.3 ATM, so still some work to do.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I’m overweight according to the bmi.

I have add another calculation for athletic people.

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

I’m about 20. just a tad below
    was below 17 a couple of years ago

huws
    Free Member

BOOM. 19, and that’s with a little bit o a belly. I have no muscles whatsoever.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Proving my theory that STW is full of lard arse obese IT nerds who mince around on 5k bikes.

Kevevs
    Free Member

get below the bmi then you won’t be below what so and says so and you will live a happy and successful life. Respect. **** all that shit eat some pies and be happy and ride a bike all over the place. Philosophise that.

djglover
    Free Member

TAFKASTR = pwned

carbon337
    Free Member

22.7 here but I’ve lost 4 stone in a year thanks to road biking.

atlaz
    Free Member

Proving my theory that STW is full of lard arse obese IT nerds who mince around on 5k bikes.

Just think how much lower your BMI would be without that massive chip on your shoulder.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

For every lard arse IT nerd there’s a malnourished DBA geek.

tcomc1000
    Free Member

Just remember,
    In any survival situation, stuck out in a wilderness, fat people become fit and thin, and thin people die:)
    Bmi of less than 22, best never leave the house!

donsimon
    Free Member

In any survival situation, stuck out in a wilderness, fat people become fit and thin are more likely to be eaten, and thin people die will survive. 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

1. Article posted about how BMI is nonsense.
    2. Lots of people post their BMI.

Plus an angry response within a couple of posts. Got to love STW.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Just because I’m winning! 😆

donsimon
    Free Member

I think part of the idea behand the perfect body can be traced back to fear and persecution from the Nazis, anything away from the norm was simply irradicated. Now in a world of new found freedomes the biffers can fight back. All IMO, of course.
    BMI 20.

alex222
    Free Member

all of you bmi 19 people you are on the very cusp of being underweight.

surely you should consider eating some actual food and then not purging straight afterwards?

martinhutch

BMI to Nazis in less than 40 posts. Awesome.

I’ve got Hitler, Goebbels and Albert Speer down as having a decent BMI though. I wonder if they picked on poor old Goering.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

surely you should consider eating some actual food and then not purging straight afterwards?

It’s pretty hard to lift a banana when you’re that skinny.

alex222
    Free Member

It’s pretty hard to lift a banana when you’re that skinny

what about a snack size gluten free pizza slice?

saleem
    Free Member

The only accurate measurement is the pinch test anyway.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Has it got anchovies on it?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘I'm not fat, my BMI says so.’ is closed to new replies.