Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • I'm not a hipster…but
  • TimothyD
    Free Member

Now vintage bikes are ‘cool’, people might think I am one, in riding the vintage bike I inherited since before hipsters decided they were cool.

Go away hipsters, I want to be (not) cool again… Schrodinger’s hipster? 😉

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Are hipsters still a “thing”?

Seem to be a lot fewer beards around these days.

crispyrice

What is a hipster?

TheBrick
    Free Member

You must be a hipster as you are worried about people thinking you are a hipster!

P.s when did you stop beating your wife?

kerley
    Free Member

Are hipsters still a “thing”?

Seem to be a lot fewer beards around these days.

Hipsters will always be a thing. Anyone interested should watch Peter York’s recent show in iPlayer.
    Beards have been around far too long and are now very mainstream so should no longer be Hipster.

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s over.

Shorditch is full of baggy flairs, bovva boots and Harrington jackets now, and everyone uses Uber..

TimothyD
    Free Member

But I’ve never even had a beard? 😉

I think it’s nice that more people are liking old frames and things to be honest, it’s a greener way of having a bike and enjoying cycling – using older, or new-second-hand stuff. So long as people don’t buy new ‘vintage’ things.

I’d like there to be a ‘carbon footprint rating’ for bike frames and parts in the magazines, with order of size going steel, alu, carbon, titanium (with titanium possibly being greener if it outlasts steel), I think that would definitely be a good thing…

parkesie
    Free Member

What’s that you had a vintage bike before it was cool? You sir are the very definition of a hipster 🙂

TimothyD
    Free Member

I think I may require a period of self reflection to figure out if I’m a hipster in denial 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

I hate them.With their hairy faces,vegan diets,tiny feet and sawdust bedding.
    Hamsters…..I hate hamsters.

ton

bovva boots and Harrington jackets now

brings back memories.

lardcore
    Free Member

Are you Trevor Phillips?
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlzZhGr8G9w[/video]

Bregante

I hate them.With their hairy faces,vegan diets,tiny feet and sawdust bedding.
    Hamsters…..I hate hamsters.

😆

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘I'm not a hipster…but’ is closed to new replies.