Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • I'm in the Last Chance Saloon.
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Redundant Feb last year. No work since. Seven month long Government-backed training scheme turned out to be a total con. Front of the house suddenly needs an RSG put in to stop it collapsing. Redundancy dosh running out.

7.5 hour assessment day at Heathrow tomorrow for a security job.

Last move in an endgame. 😯

BigDummy
    Free Member

Good luck with the job. I shan't offer to pray for you. 😉

Failing that, I believe Bruce Springsteen would recommend drawing what you have from the Central Trust and acquiring two tickets on the Coast City bus. I suspect that doesn't much help though.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Good luck

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrNutt
    Free Member

it can only get better?

vinnyeh

Can't say much more than good luck, I'm sorry to say.

Where do you live, and what did you used to do?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Where do you live, and what did you used to do?

Surrey Hills.

Occupational Testing and Psychological Profiling for recruitment, ironically…

dave360

Dumb down a bit for the interview and you'll breeze it. Don't make the management feel threatened or make them think your boredom threshold is low because you're a brainiac. Knock em dead Mr W.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No work for a year ? …. **** 😐

Though I can't see why a 7.5 hour assessment day at Heathrow tomorrow for a security job is "last move in an endgame". If you don't get it, then other opportunities will open up. And I'm sure any structural work to your house can hold out for a little while longer – presumably it's been standing for a considerable amount of years as it is ?

Good luck for tomorrow anyway.

molgrips
    Free Member

Good luck.. it'll come good in the end.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Good luck.

I was out of work for 7 months and have just recently taken some agency work. It's low paid and below my skill level but it's better than the dole.

tails
    Free Member

Best of luck buddy. You'll get this job, why wouldn't you, keep those negative gremlins at bay. And post back here when you have the job.

backhander
    Free Member

Good luck mr woppit.

Karinofnine

Good luck!

Farmer_John
    Free Member

Good luck Woppit.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Good luck 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Good luck 🙂

(You are not approaching endgame).

Diane
    Free Member

Good luck! Positive thinking 🙂

CHB

Good luck. Good on you for sticking with finding work.

Bunnyhop

All the best.

spooky_b329

Get some Acrow Props to keep the house standing if it really is on the move.

toadfish
    Free Member

good luck for tomorrow will keep fingers crossed for you. chin up

fivelittlefish
    Free Member

Good luck buddy…

cinnamon_girl

Good vibes being sent to you. Can totally empathise with your situation. Just ride that bike and, remember, optimism rules. 8)

BigJohn

Do you get to take the gun home? Is that the endgame reference?

Alcopop
    Free Member

Best of luck with the interview,positive outlook been in the same situation myself few years back
    easy to slide into doom and gloom

Ti29er
    Free Member

Just don't be too qualified!
    I lost a job years ago 'cause they knew I'd be bored and move on fairly quickly.

7.5hrs. Are they going to show you how to turn a torch on & then off again? 😉

Best o' luck (RSJ to your elbow).

scottyjohn
    Free Member

Maybe your psychology background will be handy if you can sell it that way. From what I understand, the airport security stuff is getting increasingly complex, and Im sure if you get the job, you will rise through the ranks quite quickly with your background. Best of luck mate

slimtubing
    Free Member

knock 'em dead son, am also finding it hard to secure any work after finishing 4 years of skint studentness back in october, hope things improve for you soon.

hora
    Free Member

How did it go?

Midnighthour
    Free Member

I hope it went well. However if it did not, don't hang everything on the outcome of this particular interview – its not the end point of anything at all, its just a stage of your existence. In 10 years time, this difficult stage of your life will not matter to you in the least when you look back, as all sorts of other things will have happened in your world – and this year of time you struggle with now will be put much more into perspective and proportion.

Don't hang all your self esteem on work – its what you do, not who you are as a decent, valuable and nice person. Having a bad time in life does not make you a lesser person in any way. Be proud of how well you have coped so far, praise yourself for surviving well, when the odds at the moment feel against you.

If you find you are getting bogged down in a mire, remember it is a stage you are passing through. Maybe consider asking your doc to refer you to councelling sessions so that someone neutral can help you see this is a moment in time you are travelling through and no way is it where you will end up forever. If you can hold on to seeing beyond the immediate, you will be fine in the longer run.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘I'm in the Last Chance Saloon.’ is closed to new replies.