Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • I'm home.
  • wanmankylung
    Free Member

Back a bit earlier than planned due to a neck injury. Nothing too serious, but enough to make staying on the bike for much longer than an hour a painful and horrible experience.

I had a tremendous time while I was away and cant wait to go back and finish the ride.

One thing that stood out in the 900km or so that I did complete was the almost complete lack of idiot drivers. Only once in a week of riding did I ever fear for my safety, and even then it was some gimp with english flags on his reg plates. Even on very busy roads it was an absolute pleasure to ride in Spain. Why can’t it be the same here.

Spin
    Free Member

That was my experience in Spain. The most considerate drivers I’ve ever encountered.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I’m convinced they’d rather take a head on crash than go anywhere near a cyclist.

jekkyl

welcome back from safe travels. write up & pics?

matt_outandabout

welcome back from safe travels. write up & pics?

moose
    Free Member

Welcome back. I feel your pain, I recently did a European driving rally through France, Switzerland and Italy. Driving over there was an absolute pleasure. Roads where clean, drivers where polite. Must really start learning french.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘I'm home.’ is closed to new replies.