Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • I'm gonna do it!
  • Rosss
    Free Member

The sun it out, the trails are dry so i’m going for it. I’m heading to Cannock on a sunny bank holiday monday. Wish me luck!

snakebite
    Free Member

its rammed mate…

Rosss
    Free Member

Managed to pass 3 families on Takero all with young kids and no helmets just shorts and t shirts – Criminal.

Went straight over to Milford side and had a good ride, still insanely busy though

kuman
    Free Member

You are very brave.

Trimix
    Free Member

Why ?

crikey
    Free Member

all with young kids and no helmets just shorts and t shirts – Criminal

Yes, how evil of them to be out riding bicycles in the sunshine… 🙄

chainslapp
    Free Member

Why ?

You’ve obviously never been to Cannock on a BH Monday Trimix??

Rosss
    Free Member

Crikey I was refering to the lack of protection on young inexperienced kids riding what was a very loose red run with a few challenging features.

crikey
    Free Member

And you’ve been Health and Safety Inspector of bicycle tracks for how long?

Would you rather have a kit inspection in the car park?

Some people choose to let their kids experience the world without having to fill the forms in, others end up like you, perhaps?

Rosss
    Free Member

Just an observation mate, it’s hardly like the kids were old enough to make their own decisions on what protection to wear or the risks of riding on red runs

crikey
    Free Member

But you are sure it was ‘criminal’…..

Whatever…

miketually
    Free Member

Just an observation mate, it’s hardly like the kids were old enough to make their own decisions on what protection to wear or the risks of riding on red runs

Presumably their parents were old enough to make their own decision?

brakes
    Free Member

Chase Trails do advise that helmets are worn at all times.
    Just sayin’ like.

andybloomer
    Free Member

Argumentative forum this, I’m off

miketually
    Free Member

Chase Trails do advise the helmets are worn at all times.
    Just sayin’ like.

I’m wearing mine right now.

Rosss
    Free Member

My use of criminal was clearly a sarcastic overstatement. I’m not claiming to be the trail police i’d just rather see kids wearing better suited protection for the sport they’re doing.

brakes
    Free Member

I’m wearing mine right now.

I’m wearing two. Just to be sure.

shermer75
    Free Member

I’m furiously polishing mine

Rosss
    Free Member

Protection thread doing it for you Shermer?

chainslapp
    Free Member

And you will be following a long list of others who took the same decision……

crikey
    Free Member

I think you’d be better off on http://www.Iagreewitheverythinganyonesaystrackworld.com

It’s not argumentative to challenge something someone says, it’s how people are.

steviecapt
    Free Member

i agree with rosss, i think its stupid to let young kids ride with out protection, its just not worth the risk, and yes this forum is getting worse for petty crap responses, after all it was just his opinion

IanMunro
    Free Member

Christ knows how any of us managed to make it out of childhood, what with the dearth of available head protection in the 70’s and 80’s.

crikey
    Free Member

this forum is getting worse for petty crap responses

Or is plagued by posts which demand such responses. Other forums are available, petal.

jekkyl

I’m gonna stick my neck out and say: anyone who rides cannock red without a helmet is a dick. Anyone who let’s their kids ride Cannock red without a helmet is a double dick.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Not again…….

miketually
    Free Member

🙄

snakebite
    Free Member

double dick, like the ones lezzers use, strappadicktoome?

eaststandlower
    Free Member

Great thread. From a day out at Cannock to Lesbians, via some over sensitive reactions to people expressing opinions.

molgrips
    Free Member

Presumably their parents were old enough to make their own decision?

Quite. So why are motorbike helmets, car seats and seatbelts mandatory then?

miketually
    Free Member

Quite. So why are motorbike helmets, car seats and seatbelts mandatory then?

Because lots of people were killed or seriously injured in car and motorbike crashes, which was reduced by mandatory helmet/seat/seatbelt laws. There were no real downsides to implementing these laws. These deaths and injuries had an economic cost to society.

Very few people are killed or seriously injured while riding bikes, in ways which would be prevented by a mandatory helmet law. In countries with mandatory helmet laws, rates of cycling have decreased. The cost of the decreased exercise outweighs the cost of the deaths and injuries.

Those kids riding their bikes without helmets were at less risk than kids sat at home playing on their XBox. Healthy kids outside are much safer and healthier than fat kids inside, regardless of helmet use. Having fat kids is more “criminal” than letting them ride bikes helmetless.

jekkyl

Healthy kids outside are much safer and healthier than fat kids inside, regardless of helmet use. Having fat kids is more “criminal” than letting them ride bikes helmetless.

yes of course, I agree wholeheartedly but if you could do even more to protect your childs head (i.e. make them wear a helmet) why wouldn’t you?

& where are these Cannock lesbians? I never see any when I’m spanking the monkey.

molgrips
    Free Member

Those kids riding their bikes without helmets were at less risk than kids sat at home playing on their XBox.

CRAP LOGIC ALERT! AARGH!

miketually
    Free Member

yes of course, I agree wholeheartedly but if you could do even more to protect your childs head (i.e. make them wear a helmet) why wouldn’t you?

Do your kids wear helmets in the car? They could, so why not?

CRAP LOGIC ALERT! AARGH!

CRAP DEBATING ALERT! AARGH!

miketually
    Free Member

To save time: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/search.php?q=helmet

No point rehashing the same debate over and over.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘I'm gonna do it!’ is closed to new replies.