Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 195 total)
  • I'm fuming! CRC service sucks
  • davidrussell
    Free Member

no, i want to know what frank said! i feel a complaint coming on…

Xylene
    Free Member

Talking of which – has anyone used or know about the new'ish shop that has opened in Framwellgate Moor in Durham. Might have a look in there tomorrow anyway.

No, but I wonder if it has anything to do with the person who runs the dubnortheast forum. Sure he has something to do with the shop in cowgate.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Those of you that have turned away from CRC because of this – what will you do when the shop you have turned top refuses to pander to a mad customer? it will happen. Are you really prepared to spend more somewhere else because of this?

cutting your nose off to spite your face comes to mind!

This is such a good example of a storm in a teacup and overinflated self importance from some Get over your selves FFS

I have had nothing but good service from CRC – but I do prefer my LBS I can

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I love thread like this, oftern makes me piss my pants, Keyboard warriors trying to take down a bike company.

I there a store out there that has not upset a customer??

At the end of the day it serves to OP right. Buys unbranded cheap bar tape from a discount online shop and expects it to be dogs bolloxs. You should have bought some better stuff and it would have saved all this. all for £3-4.

easyrider
    Free Member

Hey for what is worth CRC service is rubbish.
    They decided to post off some sidi shoes I sent back (faulty) to the wrong address even though I gave CRC written instructions to send to another address. Eventually I got the shoes back, at cost to me of £10.
    Those Irish tightwads at CRC better wise up! Their customer service is non existent – you'd get better service from anybody on ebay I reckon.

Oh yeah – the short bar tape problem is well known in roadie circles.

Woody
    Free Member

what will you do when the shop you have turned top refuses to pander to a mad customer?

Mad, as insane. or mad as in angry ? Why do you think someone complaining about something has an "overinflated self importance"? No-one is asking for special treatment, just a return to the excellent service of old.

I will still be happy to use them because of price and choice. I simply won't use them on the very rare occassion I must have something next day.

speshstumpyworks
    Free Member

Sometimes when a company grows at the rate they have cash is king and customer service,what service I hear you say ,suffers or in this case is non existent.

It is a quality issue.By that I mean not fit for its intended purpose.Wether or not they have sold millions of rolls of tape to other very satisfied customers means nothing at all.

YOU are not satisfied ,the product does not need to be faulty for them to replace of refund it merely does not do as it says on the tin.
    As you stated you would have no idea that it would not fit until you
    attempted to fit it.

Purely in the interests of customer satisfaction they should replace or refund as per your instruction take in on the cheek and keep you as a customer. Judging by a number of comments they should listen a bit more to you and I and all the other Joe Schmoes.

Someone in the CRC sales office needs to kick Mark up the arse for being such a dick !

rootes1

Stop being such a pikey and get some decent cinelli tape like normal people do.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

If you bought a condom, and it was to short. Would you go back to the shop and ask for a refund becuase its "not fit for purpose". Bollox it is fit for purpose just not for you. There are plenty of items that taken out of their packaging and used are not returnable.

Why did the OP not just wrap the tape without removing the sticking taping bit. Realise its to short and just send it back? I think its more a case that because it has been stuck to the bars it becomes used.

The tape would fit some bars just not the majority.

"not fit for purpose" is a phrase that is thrown about to much these days.

At the end of the day i really don't care and wonder why i bother typing some times. i just kind of have too. I do research into stuff I buy and where i buy them from.

walla24
    Free Member

Looks like another case of rudeness gets you nowhere!
    CRC is an absolute wonder of an internet shop its a shame they have to deal with people like the OP.

Rock on CRC.
    If it doesnt fit/work/look like it should, make an effort to re-package and return as per the terms.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Not great service in this instance but everybody makes mistakes, even LBSs. I've always found CRC service to be excellent and in the interests of redressing the balance see below my recent email chain.

Hi Stewart,

Sorry to hear about the missing hanger from your recent order. I can confirm that we are sending it out to you now.

I trust this helps and sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

Simon

Simon Hunter Warranty Advisor

————————————————————————–

Christopher

Frame has arrived with appropriate fork/headset as you say but without a rear derailleur hanger that attaches to the dropouts

Order No is 4180111 – please can you send another (hanger not frame!). I prefer not to have to return the frame for such a small item, especially as it is now with my LBS for building up.

Many thanks

Stewart
    ————————————————————————–

Hi Stewart,

Just heard back from our frame location and this frame comes supplied with the Principia Weave Fork and a suitable headset.

Kind Regards,

Christopher
    ————————————————————————-
    Hi

Can you confirm which fork this frame comes with. The description
    mentions an Ellipse Project fork and also an Evolution fork?
    Also does the frame come with the appropriate headset and if not, what
    headset do you recommend?

Many Thanks

dans160
    Free Member

I've maligned them recently in the past but today's order was processed and sent in about an hour. Blimey!

Woody
    Free Member

Why did the OP not just wrap the tape without removing the sticking taping bit.

What possible reason would the OP have had to do that? It's bar tape FFS, it's designed to wrap around curly bars of standard length and more often than not has 'extra' built in to accommodate varying bar lengths and shapes. This was too short, therefore not fit for purpose. There is no argument and as far as I am concerned the OP wasn't rude.

The CRC guy however, has probably added several zeros onto a £4 'dispute' in lost future revenue by his total ineptitude in dealing with a simple quality issue.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

A dummy run, And why not?

Would have saved a shit load of hassle

Woody
    Free Member

Depends on the packaging. Last bar tape I bought took 5 minutes hacking with a kitchen knife just to get it out of the bloody packet, so returning in the original packaging would have presented a slight problem.

Janesy
    Free Member

Ive had bad service from CRC and very good service! refunded £188…
    Although my stiffee at xmas had 2x bent hangers one after the other.

I will still buy as they are cheap! YOU get what you pay for.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Have you unravelled the other side to check they are both the same? Maybe it was a previously returned item? Brand-X stuff is utter shit, but it's not necessarily CRC's fault…

charliedontsurf

Crc are playing hard for £4. At Charlie the Bikemonger we avoid crappy products because they are more trouble than they are worth. Crc have made £1 and then paid a guy £2 to upset a customer. Just does not add up.

Get some nice cinelli or salsa tape from me.

I phoned CRC today after a Fat Pig reducer headset (for one of their half price mmbop frames) arrived without a crown race. After a brief discussion over whether the crown race should have been included with the headset or not, they put said crown race in first class post free of charge today. Good service.

bommer
    Free Member

After a brief discussion over whether the crown race should have been included with the headset or not

Whaa? why would it not be included?

How come a dispute over a £4 roll of tape that has finally been settled to the customer's satisfaction has dragged on for 4 pages, while my dispute with the dodgy used car salesman attitude staff at Leisure Lakes over the soles coming unglued on a pair of Northwave shoes fizzled out on the first page ?
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/north-wave-lizzard-shoes-sole-coming-unglued-warranty-or-fair-wear-tear

devs
    Free Member

Seatclamp and post ordered thursday at 1530 after knackering the last one. New ones arrive at 0930 the next morning. Quite remarkable. When you consider it was in a tiny village south of Aberystwyth that takes 3 weeks to get to if there aren't muppets in caravans all over the road then it makes it amazing in my eyes!
    I've had dealings with Mark after my Niteflux packed in just before its warranty ended. Lets say he didn't want to cave in and refund straight away and why should they, it was Niteflux who were responsible and CRC who were getting shafted. Anyways, I got a refund in the end. I think that either by design or personality, they have a CS that won't shell out immediately. Only the more determined customers will get what they want. Sadly this doesn't always weed out the genuine cases from the phoney time wasters.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

How come a dispute over a £4 roll of tape that has finally been settled to the customer's satisfaction has dragged on for 4 pages

because a hissy fit over nothing is entertaining, whereas you have a solid, rational complaint, and thus is very boring.

scaredypants

I bought some of that tape a few days ago for the metal armrests of a chair

luckily it was just the right length; maybe they should remarket it

Radioman

This thread is a classic case of why we need our LBS's. I use mine all the time. On the main I get a lot of things cheaper than CRC etc. too.

As I buy all my stuff at the LBS I get a discount and excellent service from Marshalls in Welwyn. They often have to order me stuff they dont stock but it arrives easily as quick as CRC, and if the stuff is no good they sort it out for me too…

Harry_the_Spider

Here's a good experience… but I didn't buy cheap bar tape.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/chain-reaction-cycle-customer-service

soobalias
    Free Member

i hate agreeing with TJ, but i do. If you bought bar tape from my lbs and then tried to fit it, they would not take it back. They would not sell you £4 bar tape tho

get what you pay for.

but if we are slating suppliers, i bought a bearing set from BETD which was missing two of the main pivot bearings – two emails, no response.
    sourced the bearings locally, will never recommend betd again!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I find this very strange.

Last year I ordered some discs and adaptors to upgrade my Magura Louises from CRC. As they were the same price I went for a 210mm front disc, not knowing that that size only fits earlier Julies.
    I didn't discover this until I'd bolted the disc on. So I emailed CRC about it, sounding suitably apologetic and they said as long as the disc and adaptor was unused (It was, just fitted with old bolts, not the ones supplied) they would change them. So I took them off, cleaned them and stapled the packets up carefully. A couple of days later the correct one was sent out to me. No problemo!

I've also sent stuff back to CRC under warranty:

For a leaky 3l Camelbak bladder I recieved a whole new Camelbak Scudo and my postage refunded!
    And last month, for a broken, 4-5 year old Park Tools track pump that cost £25 in a sale, I recieved a top of the line Park Tools workshop quality track pump selling for £55!!!!!!

Am I doing something wrong? 😕

argyle
    Free Member

PP – not being rude enough in emails i guess

Xylene
    Free Member

I don't use either of my LBS now.

Both are rude, both only care about customers spending lots of money, both have no interest in my repeat returns for little bits and pieces, which may end up in buying a bike, but not from either of those shops.

I much prefer the faceless internet business now

_tom_
    Free Member

I've still never had any issue with CRC. Placed an order for a new tyre on Wednesday evening, free delivery, received this morning.

I have, however, lost all the details they sent me after paying for the CRC Ruthin in september, so I'm hoping they'll re-send for free.

tron
    Free Member

A lot of people on here really seem to misunderstand how the Sale of Goods Act works.

Two things that apply here:

Problems are the retailers responsibility. They can take it up with the supplier, but the contract is between customer and retailer.

Goods should be fit for purpose. It doesn't matter if they're the cheapest item in the range, they should be able to do the job they're sold for.

This episode makes me wonder what CRC are thinking. As Charlie says, it's not worth your while to sell rubbish. The law is designed to protect the customer from substandard goods, so a retailer doesn't have a leg to stand on if they sell them.

jamesca
    Free Member

i've not read more then a couple of the whinges but why aren't you taking this up with brand-x? if i owned CRC that's what i would tell you to do.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

jamesca – read the post above yours. It is CRCs issue. Nowt to do with brand x

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Brand-X IS CRC isn't it?

What a boring thread. I was hoping for some dramatic outcome… All that bother over the cost of a pint a sarnie.

Who gives a sh*t?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Oh give it up already !!!

Splash-man
    Free Member

foxyrider – Member
    Oh give it up already !!!

Nah – lets see how long we can keep this thread going for !

My view is that the value of the item shouldn't matter at all – either it does the job as advertised or it doesn't.

If you order a pair of trousers and receive 3/4 lengths you would be a bit upset right ?

argyle
    Free Member

to be honest it does the job fine, just not for the OP.

Xylene
    Free Member

I'm still impressed that 4 quid has caused so much debate.

God knows what happens if it was 10 pounds. Does the whole of STW boycott the internet?

Trimix
    Free Member

Ive just had great service from them.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 195 total)

The topic ‘I'm fuming! CRC service sucks’ is closed to new replies.