Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • I'm conducting an experiment…
  • stevestunts
    Free Member

Around two years ago, my wife decided she didn’t like a particular pair of leather boots she owned, and wanted to get rid of them. As they were in mint condition, it was suggested that I take them into work and see if any of my female colleagues would like them. Failing that, I could take them as a donation to a charity shop.

There were no takers at work, due to foot size issues. I couldn’t take them to a charity shop that day, and needed room in my work bag on the journey home, so they were put under my work desk. They stayed there for roughly six months, completely forgotten about, until we moved to a new building.

When the time came to move, they were put in a box with all my other work chattels and moved to the new premises, where they were carefully placed under my work desk and completely forgotten about once again, for the next eighteen months.

I had reason to look under the desk earlier in the week, saw the boots, and have now dusted them off and brought them home.

The boots have now been secretly placed deep within the shoe mountain that my wife likes to create. It is located inside the entrance to the house, and is ready to accept any footwear that is thrown off upon arrival into our home.

I am keen to see what will happen when my wife discovers the boots. Will she remember them? Will she recall the back story? Will she assume they are yet another pair of shoes about which she has completely forgotten? I eagerly await the results.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Dead man walking. 😥

bearnecessities

I’m torn on this. I’m going with she finds them and asks who the **** you’ve had around that’s left their boots behind.

mattyfez

Haha, yes, mistaken identity is a clear and present danger.

Just cut them up an fashion yourself some hip leather elbow pads to sew onto a suit.

perchypanther
    Free Member

This is a half hearted attempt at an experiment..

The OP should stride purposefully into his house wearing the boots and see if the wife notices.

convert

Remove a pair of shoes a week from the pile and see how many week go by before she notices. put shoes under work desk to see how many weeks it takes to freak work colleagues out.

stevestunts
    Free Member

The replies so far have already got me thinking that maybe the questions I should be asking are ‘How will she kill me?’, ‘Will it hurt?’ and ‘I wonder who would turn up to my funeral?’

I’m willing to take that gamble though, in the name of science.

andy4d

Oh boy..she will remember alright. The best you can hope is she thanks you for ‘forgetting ‘to bin them and the worst is a long slow lingering death.
    Let us low if she wears them again, if not I guess we won’t be hearing from you again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘I'm conducting an experiment…’ is closed to new replies.