Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • I'm coming to Aberdeen where to ride?
  • valleydaddy
    Free Member

Westhill to be precise but I have car and bike so where should I go???

was going to meet the Neeps on Wed eve but I can’t make that now 🙁

jordie
    Free Member

my advice this week with todays weather is stay indoors 🙁

valleydaddy
    Free Member

really?

has it been that bad?

euain

You’ve got Kirkhill on your doorstep. There are some marked paths there – nothing too radical – and a load of unmarked stuff. A lot of it great fun!

Otherwise, Pitfichie forest trails has a decent loop and a downhill course. Might be worth a visit and probably less than 20 mins from you.

There’s loads of cycling to be had heading up Bennachie. Watch out for walkers though but great climbs and descents. Not even that muddy for most of it as it’s largely man-made paths.

Go explore!

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

pop in or speak to joe in our stonehaven shop…theyres usually a couple of guys going out locally who would show you around…

metalheart
    Free Member

In addition to the above there is Scolty Hill out by Banchory. A bit of everything there. And I mean everything… freeride to fire track.

A trip to Glen Tanar (Aboyne) for the Fungle as well is worth it as is a couple of other routes there.

Pitfichie probably as close and is worth the trip.

You can cycle out the back door to Kirkhill via Brimond and Elrick Hills too.

Edit: oh also there is Blacktop Forest at Countesswells as well (just down the road).

valleydaddy
    Free Member

ok cheers all I am now in Westhill so going to adventure out tomorrow and have an explore 😉

bruneep

loads of tracks are very much “hidden” have a slow pottle round if you see any tyre marks off the mail trail go explore.

email if you want to meet up.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

bruneep cheers I have emailed you 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘I'm coming to Aberdeen where to ride?’ is closed to new replies.