Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • I’m back!
  • bp
    Free Member

Hello – it’s me, I’m back!

How are you all? It’s been a while I know.

For the youngsters / newbies – I used to frequent this forum quite a lot – I set up the very first fat club, ran Silly Kents for a while (informal bike club), built a singlespeed live (to much amusement of everyone else), came 23rd at D2D (in a pair) by a bit of a fluke many years ago, and got into trouble for selling a slightly dirty bike on the classifieds.

Friends from the past – still here? Plant, Timbur, Boriselbrus, Yogrant, Testu….?, Ben, etc etc

For those that don’t know me – I’m a fatso singlespeedahloic, but I’m on a proper diet now and just hit my lightest ever (well that I can remember) at 14st 8lbs (I got scarily close to 18st earlier this year!). I mainly road ride now, but I think it’s time to get back to some singletrack which used to be my only love.

Anoyone still reading? Cool!

BP

zaskar
    Free Member

Bloody hell those names bring memories! LOL!

Welcome back-stick to the decent ‘bike’ forum as the ‘chat’ forum is for arguing…and ppl who don’t ride! 😯 nah just kidding-lots of helpful friendly peeps still here.

What happened to Plant and his cat?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Houns

I’d give up and go again, not the same as it was

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well maybe it will be as bp is back Houns?

zaskar
    Free Member

Why’s that Houns? ppl moved on or the forum setup?

Houns

Like your positive outlook Simon

bp
    Free Member

Plant has a cat? He always was a bit of a pussy….

Where’s everyone else – it’s not been THAT long (a year or two maybe!)

BP

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well you know there seem to be a lot of new people here recently which is good too and by the looks of both the Times and Telegraph biking supplements today we could be welcoming a whole lot more!

Anyway, hello bp

bp
    Free Member

Hello Simon!

Houns – that rings bells! The infamous Houns or just bad luck? (I could have sworn you were banned several times)

Hi Zaskar – nice to meet you (again?)

Anyway, I hope you are all enjoying the ride – one thing I always wanted was for everyone to ride bikes and have fun!!!!

P/S I am very very old 😉

rOcKeTdOg

*waves*

soobalias
    Free Member

*waves back*

bp
    Free Member

Waves back to rOcKeTdOg! It’s been a while!

soobalias – I don’t remember you, but bloody nice to meet you.

BP

bp
    Free Member

Hi everyone!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hiya – I think I joined around when you left but some of those escapades ring a bell

bp
    Free Member

TD – You were definitely here when I was!

zaskar
    Free Member

Hi Zaskar – nice to meet you (again?)

Yep under many names from ’02 which is sad really!

Nah Singletrackworld has saved me money on plumbing and bike DIY.

It also replaces Eastenders with strange stories and affairs of the heart…debates get a little heated and the classifieds are still great!

Pete
    Free Member

Hi BP, we only mentioned you the other night as we were riding around Mereworth, we wondered where you had gone..

bp
    Free Member

Hi Pete! Do you get out there regularly? I might tag along sometime…

miketually
    Free Member

Singlespeed Klein FS?

Pete
    Free Member

We sometimes have night rides around there, check out our website
    http://www.mccoffroad.co.uk, next one is 17th June..

mamadirt
    Free Member

I’m still here

soma_rich
    Free Member

Still got the bumble bee Klein?

anokdale
    Free Member

Welcome back, i still use the Pipedream frame you sold me way back when.

Any plans for another BP online build ?

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Dude! Welcome back!

I’m still in a pretty dark place on and off, but get out on the bike every so often. Are Jody and the girls OK?

Mail me matey, I’ve mised you!

Bos

nickc

Hey, welcome back!

Are you sticking around, or flying through?

desf
    Free Member

I remember you. Welcome back.

Blast from the past.

Anyone remember the very old days when you could see a list of who was online? In the late evening there were only half a dozen names or so. SteveM, AndyArmstrong, Drac etc were usually there.
    😉

stratobiker
    Free Member

Hi bp, how’s it going?
    Have you still go that lovely old steel Stumpy?

SB 🙂

bp
    Free Member

Hi Mama!

Rich / Miketually – The Klein bumbleebe was sold to a workmate who still has it.

anokdale – Glad the Pipedream is still going strong, I miss that one sometimes!

SB – No, sold it to Plant – not sure if he still has it or not.

Nickc – Hopefully I’ll be sticking around for a while, I won’t be on quite as much as I used to. I have two kids that take up most of my time these days.

It’s great to here from you all 😆

Pete – Wednesdays is a tricky during term time, but I’ll catch up with you guys one evening in thew school hols.

Dude! I’ll mail you…..

BP

plant
    Free Member

Don’t you just love this place!

Have to say, I hardly ever come back here but someone on the Bedgebury club forum shameful plug said you were asking after me – cheers Munkster!

Great to hear from you – oh how the memories flood back in – no point trying to hold a proper chat on a Friday night as that was babysitting night and included a drink or five!

Glad to hear you are your lightest ever and have to admit I am nearer the other end of your weight scale. 🙁

I’ll be keeping half an eye on this thread to see IF you pop back up again 😉

Carl.

bp
    Free Member

Hello matey! How’s things?

We’ll have to meet up for a ride very soon……

BP

jedi

welcome back 🙂

plant
    Free Member

It’ll have to be a gentle bimble – I haven’t been on the bike in the last 6 months 🙁 But yes, a nice flat ride around the Weald could be good – Bos?

clubber
    Free Member

miketually – Member
    Singlespeed Klein FS?

That was my first thought too 🙂

Welcome back.

mugsys_m8

Hey BP, I rember you, but you prob not me, I’m more of a lurker really. Anyway Welcome back.

DesF: Des are you the one who sold me your singlespped inbred? You replaced it with a Spot I think. Anyway It’s still going great. It lives in England. I live in France now, but used 1 week/ month when I’m over there. I love it.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Flat rides around the Weald work for me, any day, any time except when at the nutter hospital :-/

Be great to catch up though. Cool!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Didn’t the yellow Klein Mantra have a rigid fork? It’s all good. 😀

mrsflash
    Free Member

Well hello there 🙂 welcome back.

CountZero

Hi bp, welcome back. I remember you, I tend to lurk and respond to occasional posts, rather than instigate, or get controversial. It’s unusual for me to be on this time of day, thank God for the iPhone and a quiet time at work! Good to see you back.

lowey

Welcome back mate. I’d forgotten about that dirty bike incident. Funny at the time I thought 😛

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘I’m back!’ is closed to new replies.