Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I’m annoyed…..
  • amedias
    Free Member

went to cycle in to work this morning, picked up my commuter

hmmm, why is my front brake rubbing?
    oh? why is my wheel wobbly, i didnt hit anything?
    crap! when did my hub flange snap off a liberate 3 spokes!?!?!

Was perfectly fine last time I rode it, my only theory is that there was a hairline crack which popped when I left it in the cold conservatory overnight.

Anyway, I’m annoyed, I built those wheels in 1999 and haven’t even had to touch a nipple until this morning, and they were funky 90’s anodized turquoise AC hubs that I won’t be able to replace…
    honestly, it’s like the death of a dear friend, or maybe a dear friend who had a twin, cos the rear one is still going!

Matt

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

it’s like the death of a dear friend

oh dear – should we send flowers ?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

All you need is a Pritt Stick & some cable ties

amedias
    Free Member

for some reason that made me think of some kind of pritt-stick hubbed, cable tie-spoke Blue Peter style wheel….

z1ppy

superglue!

zaskar
    Free Member

Does nayone else live with you? fell on teh bike and ran off hoping you wouldn’t notice?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

1999? I don’t think they owe you much. Get some nice hubs to replace them and make them into a desk tidy or something.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Put up a WTD on the Classifieds 😉

amedias
    Free Member

nah, my GF would have owned up to it, and probably told me off for leaving my bike in silly place if she’d done it…

You’re right, they don’t owe me much but it’s still sad when such a nice reliable bit of kit dies but I’m liking the desk tidy idea…

ChrisS
    Free Member

The rear Hope hub on my commuter just suffered a similar fate, and that was far younger. I think it’s the amount of salt on the roads this winter that has caused it, it seems to eat the aluminium…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘I’m annoyed…..’ is closed to new replies.