Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • I'm about to quit my job
  • mcboo
    Free Member

How do I pitch this? Work for a nice little company but they havent followed through on their promises, havnt put the people in place I need to be succesfull here. Really like them all and want to leave on good terms……might be able to do some business with them in the future.

How do I start the conversation? The bosses are all in some high level meeting waving their hands at pie charts, really not looking fwd to popping their bubble. I'm an aggresive b4stard at times but I'm coming over all chinless and British.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Pretty much like your forum post I'd say, concise and to the point.

Dobbo

Best bit of any job is handing you notice in, savour the moment.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    xc-steve
    Free Member

Line up a new job and say I'm really sorry but have been offered another job else where.

Or say your actually a spy and have been called to another case, then dive out the window.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Or just tell them exactly what you told us.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Or say your actually a spy and have been called to another case, then dive out the window.

😛

coffeeking
    Free Member

Dobbo – never done a job you enjoy then?

tyger
    Free Member

mcboo – what do you do?

Dobbo

I work from home 270 miles from the office have little hassle compare to everyone else at the company, so I enjoy this one as much as I can enjoy working that's why I've been doing it 11 years now. I guess that applied in the past more than now, but when you usually hand your notice in it's because you've had enough so you feel like it's the best part of the job. There!

zarquon
    Free Member

No, no, no. Best thing about work is paid holiday.

JDI it is your life after all, there is no real need to feel guilty. If they felt you were surplus to requirements then they would get rid of you in a flash.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Put your hand in a bowl of water.

Remove your hand from the bowl of water.

The whole that remains is how important you were.

dropoff

WCA, lovely piece of realism that 😆

ourmaninthenorth

I'm about to quit my job

Me too. But that is because I'm fed up to the back teeth with it.

Shame there isn't another job around for me to go to, mind.

Just be straightfiorward and up front. Be aware, though, that they will try to back track and make all the same promises over again. Only you know if they'll keep them or if you need to split anyway….

monotokpoint
    Free Member

put it on your Facebook status

DavidB
    Free Member

I run a small company, it's tough.
    From the other side of the fence, I'd want to hear it straight and have a chance to try and put it right. I can only ever do 75% of what I know I should be doing and am always missing stuff or putting it off a little longer. It's no excuse and I have no idea if your bosses are in the same boat. If you're determined to leave and want to part on good terms, maybe offer to work a longer notice or focus on handover to someone else.

mcboo
    Free Member

Well, that wasn't too bad at all. Got to the point as above, they were nice enough to ask me to reconsider, is there anything we can change, what about a new role etc etc. I think they like the line about "I'm going to make more money for you from outside the firm than I can inside".

Bottom line they understood the new job I have is really perfect for me…..they are pro's.

Question now is do I spend the next month gardening leave on my mtb or road bike?…..bit of both I think.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘I'm about to quit my job’ is closed to new replies.