Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • I'm a father
  • warton
    Free Member

Jesus Christ, after 46 hours of labour, culminating in an amazingly smooth 20 minutes I'm a dad to a little boy (little literally, 5lb 14oz).

Amazing, I'm wiped out, 2 hours kip since 2AM Thursday morning. Hats off to all mothers, how the **** do you do that? incredible. back at home now, can't wait to get back in first thing tomorrow to see them both, but now a large vodka and tonic,followed by a malt and bed!

ro
    Free Member

welcome to hell.

donsimon
    Free Member

Congrats for the mother. You had two minutes of fun and she did all the hard work!!! 😆

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Crack out the cigars well done son.

Let the fun commence.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

Congratulations to you and the missus.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Nice one. The missus must be knackered after that labour! Still, a bit of hoovering and dusting'll get her back in shape. 😉
    Best wishes to the three of you – you're a family now!! 😀

beamers

Welcome the best days of the rest of you life. Being a dad is awesome!

CHB

well done!!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Congrats, well done, enjoy!

skiboy
    Free Member

congrats you both and welcome to your new life 😉

you might want to get some kip, NOW QUICK 😐

M6TTF
    Free Member

Be prepared for your biking to take a back seat for a while 😉 congrats

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Many congrats, welcome to your new life 😉

hora
    Free Member

Warton congratulations. Our Zack was born in March. I still haven't been out on the bike. You might as well put your bike on classifieds now 🙁

Hairychested
    Free Member

You have bought flowers for the mummy, right?
    You have arranged for the out-laws to go away?
    You haven't forgotten she can't drink so you shouldn't either?
    Most importantly of all, give her a kiss, be gentle, it's a joy to be dad.
    Oh, no nookie for a while for you 😈

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Congratulations!!

🙂

hora
    Free Member

Me and Zack are off on the pull to the Supermarket in a mo to get out breakie.

pedalhead
    Free Member

"The beginning of a great adventure". Good luck!

Dancake
    Free Member

Being a Dad is ACE! Been laughing with my 2 year old all morning and its out on the balance bike later. (After "fixing it" first of course while I tinker with mine )

Happy days. Congratulations and welcome to the world, baby!

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Congratulations! 13 days and oooo and hour and a quarter ish (but who is counting) since our little bundle of joy arrived. I am sure I am so excited I wouldn't have been able to sleep anyway so that is fine.
    Loving it so far (and only been out on the bike once, but it isn't going on classifieds, that's for sure! Keep yours)
    EDIT- 46 hours? **** me thats a bit extreme, tell her not to enjoy it so much next time 😉

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Congratulations and well done to your missus and nipper 🙂

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Congratulations!

Ignore the negative comments, I have an 8 week old, I ride my bike lots, sleep well and have drink of an evening.

Innes
    Free Member

Nice one Warton.

It's hard work but is really worth it.

warton
    Free Member

Thanks for all the kind messages, still hasn't sunk in, going in now to see them both.

Personally I think if you're organized, and husband and wife help each other out and compromise a baby shouldn't stop you doing the things you love. I'll comment again on that next week 😯

Cheers all

hora
    Free Member

Things I learnt, take advice with a pinch of salt. Every parents experience is different to another.

Don't let anyone say you should be doing more either. I still ride at least once a week. *The newborn is part of the team, you aren't its lifelong servants.

*I do feel spoilt, tantrum-type children are the product of pampering/folk who are too focused on the child..

zaskar
    Free Member

Congrats and 40hrs of labour? jeebers painful!

hora
    Free Member

Agree must have been hard on you – no sleep etc. Couldnt she have speeded it up abit? Inconsiderate lass 😉

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

CONGRATS fella…..
    Hope you all are well…

Oh BYE BYE to the bike(s) LOL

kaesae
    Free Member

warton

Congratulations and well done to the both of you!

Have you chosen a name yet?

ridefree! when you can.

tommytowtruck

Congratulations! Blimey, 46 hours!?!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Well done!

Just had one of my best ever days – wife is on a hen do so it was the first time I've had our little one (19 months old) all day. An utter joy. I missed some good surf – I don't care (did have a fun MTB ride before she went though). Just great – kids bring joy.

warton
    Free Member

Thanks again for all the kind words…
    baby came home yesterday evening, and I've had no sleep, he wouldn't settle, wouldn't feed after midnight and has just started throwing up. Midwife is coming over anyway this morning, but god, you get worried. I'm totally aware its probably nothing by the way, but it doesn't stop you worrying all night!

hora
    Free Member

OP- See my new bikey thread 😀

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

surf-mat – 19 months and it is the first time you have had your kid all day by yourself?????? How did you manage that?

And congrats to the OP 🙂

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Mf – yep – not bad going! We share childcare though (both run our company) and use a nanni and family during the week – so I look after him quite a lot.

Warton – it might be acid reflux. Our little one had it and it scared the cr4p out of us but baby Gaviscon sorts it – doctors were slow to spot it and it was a breast feeding nurse that diagnosed it. Very common, not serious but needs dealing with. We used to get through about 15 muslins (sp?) a day from his puking. Stopped when he weaned.

alpin
    Free Member

I'm a father

so's my dad!

well done to you both.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘I'm a father’ is closed to new replies.