Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • I'm a complete nupty……….assistance please!
  • epo-aholic
    Free Member

right, had a couple of beers and i've forgotten how to remove my spd pedals!

supposed to be touring tomorrow and cant get them off the drive side. What i want to know is……..

when removing them with an allen key from behind the crank and facing the drive side do i turn anti-clockwise or clockwise to loosen???

thanks in advance!

doh! 🙄

geoffj

clockwise

GJP
    Free Member

If you are on the non-drive side looking through the frame to the inside of the cranks then to loosen them turn it clockwise. Assuming bike is the right way up

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

To remove hold the allen key at twelve o'clock and pull away from the front wheel, if you are stood on the drive side that'll be anti clockwise.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

right done that – still wont budge, its stuck! any ideas? (and i dont have a blow-torch btw)

trail_rat
    Free Member

if they have spanner flats on them i almost guarantee that you wont get them off with allen keys – unless they went on with allen keys they wont come off with allen keys !

geoffj

Kettle of boiling water OR a proper pedal spanner rather than the hex key.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I use an ordinary spanner on my SPDs, more grip than narrower pedal spanners and comfier.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

xtr's only have the hex option, thats how they went on, even used the supplied washer 😥

Alek
    Free Member

Use an old flat bar over the allen key for extra leverage.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

thanks for your help guys but its stuck fast so i'm giving up! 👿

another beer anyone?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘I'm a complete nupty……….assistance please!’ is closed to new replies.