Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • ilfracombe/devon MTB Trail Center's?
  • Nezbo
    Free Member

Hi all

We are having a week away in devon around the ilfracombe area, is there any trail centre around this area, or are there only natural trails.

if there are only natural trails, does any one have a .GPX file that i can follow?

jonathan
    Free Member

First night of your holiday sit down with that, and a beer or two, and enjoy yourself.

snaps
    Free Member

There's a few good bits out that way but nothing epic, nearest trail center is Haldon near Exeter or you could drive east up on to Exmoor – the Exmoor explorer route .GPX file is still on the website.

Dibbs
    Free Member

sit down with that, and a beer or two, and enjoy yourself.

And then get yourself over to Exmoor or the Quantocks for some decent riding!!
    I'm originally from that area, and its pretty poor in respect of MTBing.

BlackDog
    Free Member

You won't find much local stuff in that map, best bet is to drive to exmoor unfortunately.

We camped down there 07/08 in Morthoe, I took the bike but didn't find a lot of local stuff. Coastal path around Croyde (baggy point) but it's a footpath although a local rider told me it was fine to ride and a couple of muddy bridleways but that was about it. I had my cx bike so did some road stuff instead.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

'is there any trail centre around this area' – hahaha, I **** wish! 🙁

As said, Exmoor and Quantocks is where you wanna head. All the best riding in North Devon is actually in Somerset. I'd be happy to show you the bits I know though, although it's all a bit of a drive from Ilfracombe. The road riding around our way is sweet though.

There are some okay BWs around Braunton and Barnstaple. Snaps is your man for these. There's also some fun bits around Lynton/Lynmouth.

Nezbo
    Free Member

Sponging-Machine I may just take you up on the offer to be shown round the local stuff. 🙂 do you work week days?

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I work flexi-hours, so normally around at least one day in the week. Tuesdays are normally best for me. When're you gonna be about?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ilfracombe/devon MTB Trail Center's?’ is closed to new replies.