Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin one………religious content.
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Nooooo!

slackalice
    Free Member

What gets me is the sheer amount of media hype that this has generated in the UK. I thought we kicked the RC church out of this country with Henery VIII, as such we are C of E and Il Papa is of little importance to us?

Hopefully this means that the search for the next Dalai Lama will also receive as many minutes of AirPlay, column inches of news and Mb of web space.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I thought we kicked the RC church out of this country with Henery VIII, as such we are C of E and Il Papa is of little importance to us?

Yep, all this foreign news does my head in. British news for British people I say. I blame the BBC. And the EU.

slackalice
    Free Member

There’s always one to take things too literally 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Indeed.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

What gets me is the sheer amount of media hype that this has generated in the UK. I thought we kicked the RC church out of this country with Henery VIII, as such we are C of E and Il Papa is of little importance to us?

Hopefully this means that the search for the next Dalai Lama will also receive as many minutes of AirPlay, column inches of news and Mb of web space.

Aw sweet! How quaintly provinicial.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Aw sweet! How quaintly provinicial.

But true. We did kick them out, well, Henry did. 🙂

Houns

Did you see the very short news story mentioning Chinas new leader amongst all this pope BS?

slackalice
    Free Member

For fear of repeating myself:

Not entirely provincial!

Easy to spot the headline readers eh?! 😉

cookeaa

Did you see the very short news story mentioning Chinas new leader amongst all this pope BS?

My thoughts exactly – China has a New President but one of the worlds largest powers getting a new leader apparently isn’t as exciting as Santa getting a new promoter or whatever it is a Pope does…

Popestars Seems to be getting far too much interest still…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Did you see the very short news story mentioning Chinas new leader….

No. Is he also a stand-up comedian and former gameshow host ?

Harry_the_Spider

No. Is he also a stand-up comedian and former gameshow host ?

He is actually.

President Ted Logers.

xcgb
    Free Member

That would be an Ecumenical matter………

cant watch the footage of this without thinking of Bishop Brennan! 🙂

cookeaa

Thanks xcgb I’ll have “Jack-isms” echoing round my head all day now….

Harry_the_Spider

Some wag has been playing with Wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Bowen

cookeaa

In fact this would have been far more exciting news:

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

But true. We did kick them out, well, Henry did.

Yet there are four or five million of ’em still here. Another bodge that never got finished. No wonder there are loads of eastern Europeans doing stuff here. And going to mass on Sundays. 🙂

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

as such we are C of E and Il Papa is of little importance to us?

Spot the content readers.

molgrips
    Free Member

There are probably more Catholics here than Americans, and the US election gets even more coverage.

The media does report stuff that is important to the rest of the world as well as domestically. This is a very good thing – otherwise we’d end up like the USA.

gordimhor

Henry VIII kicked “them” out, to stop them from threatening his own interests. That’s except for the ones who made a deal with him, accepting posts in the new church he created. 🙂

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

HHHIIIIIIINNNNNN one, something for the Pope – it’s half an hour with the choir boys after evensong.

mefty
    Free Member

The elections to the Chinese leadership took place last year and were covered, they came into power yesterday. It is still a reasonable point, but the relative lack of coverage might have something to do with China’s less than open approach to the Western media.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin one………religious content.’ is closed to new replies.