Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • If you’ve done nothing wrong…
  • richcc
    Free Member

you’ve nothing to fear etc etc

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/whos_watching_you/8064333.stm

Another erosion of the our liberties

JulianA
    Free Member

Yep, think about this when next you vote – General Election anyone?

We are the most spied up nation in Eurpoe.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I’m going to steal some money for a bit. And if I get found out, I’ll just write a cheque and say “sorry”.

JulianA

We are the most spied up nation in Eurpoe.

There’s a prog on a beeb 2 on Monday called “who’s watching you?”. I think it’s a series. If you watch it lasers are sent out through the screen and they can see if your bins have the correct type of refuse in. Scary really.

mogrim

Given the choice, I’m far happier with my ID card here in Spain than the surveillance society you have in the UK.

Still, give it time here and we’ll be in the same boat…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

lasers are sent out through the screen and they can see if your bins have the correct type of refuse

There’s no rubbish in my spectacles 😕

genghispod
    Free Member

The biggest thing I can’t get my head around is that they want proper British people to carry ID, but they let people in from anywhere with none! I’ve got nothing against foreigners, but let’s be able to feel at home in our own country FFS.

peteimpreza

“I’ve got nothing against foreigners”

My best friends a foreigner.

Our so called Royals are foreigners.

We are all foreigners if you go back far enough in history.

You are missing the point. They, the powers at be,want to monitor our movements in detail, yet if we want to know their expenses claims they cry foul and demand privacy.

How the hell did this get through without any apparent change in legislation?

So much for a democratic system!!

IanMunro
    Free Member

The biggest thing I can’t get my head around is that they want proper British people to carry ID, but they let people in from anywhere with none!

What on earth are you talking about?

lister-hooded
    Free Member

what worries me most is the ..

If you’ve nothing to hide you have nothing to fear brigade…..

If you’ve done nothing wrong you don’t have anything to hide

BUT

Who decides what is right ??

And just cos they can’t think of a way to ban something today doesn’t mean that it will always be the case…

E.g For years there was a democratic right to peaceful protest out side OUR parliament …. not any more …..try it and find out ….

I reckon the Stasi could have learnt a thing or 2 from our lot… at least there people were scared of them … at times it seems like this country is sleepwalking into some sort of Orwellian nightmare…

Oh … Got to go .. .that may be a knock on my door

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What on earth are you talking about?

I think he means that he wants foreigners to have British ID cards.

Presumably he would like to make them feel more at home whilst they’re staying here.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I not sure what he means by “proper British people” though.

I’m guessing after reading peteimpreza’s post, not the Royal family ?

SammySammSamm
    Free Member

Coooooooooooool
    C’mon then lads and lasses, let’s do something about it. General election time! Woo!
    Spread the word! We’re not happy british chappies. If the power we elect in continues, we’ll chuck them out too! Woo! Democracy! It’s still alive etc.
    /ac

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Calm down SammySammSamm, it’s not ‘general election time’ …… not for another 12 months it isn’t.

…..but well done for sounding so enthusiastic anyway.

garlic
    Free Member

I was in Japan last year and was told by a few locals that Britain has a reputation abroad for having cameras everywhere. They make jokes about it apparently.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘If you’ve done nothing wrong…’ is closed to new replies.