Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • If you're going to leave your bike
  • PrinceJohn

Make sure you lock it kids…

dantsw13

I’d rather have the £20 insurance than that bike too!!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Genius…. 😆

Northwind

It’s that David Cameron again.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Perhaps he’s lost the key for his lock?

ormondroyd
    Free Member

It’s enough to deter the casual opportunist.

Provided the casual opportunist is under a foot tall

maccruiskeen

What’s to say its not locked securely to something on the back of that post?

maccruiskeen

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

What were the point of those 80’s style mini mudguards, it still perplexes me???

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What were the point of those 80’s style mini mudguards, it still perplexes me???

Keeps road dirt out of the brakes.

Oh, is that my parka? Thanks.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Usually because they keep breaking until you end up with those ones ^^^^

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

What were the point of those 80’s style… *SNAP*.. Oof! Was that my over extended stem just snapping?

TheBrick
    Free Member

I warned some guy I saw locking his bike up like this once, he said it didn’t matter because he was only going to be 5 min. Maybe he thought it would take 6 min to figure out how to break this perplexing security puzzle so he should be ok.

molgrips
    Free Member

I knew a guy who for many months locked up his very expensive Spesh M4 by putting the d-lock around a lamp/sign post and then attaching it to the bike using the little clamp that you use for carrying it in the frame.

He got away with it too until my mate pointed out his rather daft mistake.

andywoods
    Free Member

i remember friend doing this at school once wrapped lock round and round bike stand then locked it, to which comment was what about including bike in that lock we all fell about laughing,story soon got around school never lived it down.

PrinceJohn

I have a theory…

The hipster owner lost the key to the lock so now just drops the lock over small posts as they think thieves are stupid & uneducated, unlike them.

I was ever so tempted to just lift off the lock off the post & leave it there, but I’d never forgive myself if someone stole after I unlocked it.

cheez0
    Free Member

*minefield*

brakes
    Free Member

some people at work who can’t be arsed walking a further 20m when the main bike stands are full just put a lock around the bike and leave it in an inappropriate place. you think they’d stop it if someone kept moving their bikes elsewhere 😡

ads678

Mrs ads once locked her bike up at unit and accidentally locked someone else bike as well. He repaid the favour by locking his bike hers so she had to walk home as well!! 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

i remember friend doing this at school once wrapped lock round and round bike stand then locked it, to which comment was what about including bike in that lock we all fell about laughing,story soon got around school never lived it down.

That’s quite easy to do by mistake. I double check now…!

neilc1881
    Free Member

Once locked.my trek 1000 at the top of Park Street in Bristol using my helmet straps intertwined with the d lock wedged between the spokes. I’d forgotten the key to the lock on a 4am cycle to work. It was still there at 4pm. This was before road bikes became cool though.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

maccruiskeen – Member

Look at the shadows…

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘If you're going to leave your bike’ is closed to new replies.