Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)
  • If you were the last person alive on earth….
  • muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Your life would probably consist of lighting lots of fires to attract attention.

I’d be a bit cagier about attracting attention than that, in all my years of experience watching doomsday films and TV shows it’s always the other people that cause all the problems.

I’d go for moving into a castle, Windsor castle would work, nice high walls, probably got a back up generator, plenty of space within the walls for crops and livestock (have animals survived in this scenario?) and if it doesn’t have an armoury the barracks are just down the road.

On the appendicitis thing, I was listening to a podcast a couple of weeks ago about a Russian posted on a remote research station who had to remove his own appendix. He was a surgeon and not an IT bod though. BBC write up of the same story here

tpbiker
    Free Member

Coke and (dead) hookers..

Once the hookers had decomposed to the point where no amount of lube is going to make them enjoyable, I’d probably start eying up my cattle stock..

oldnpastit

What kind of civilization destroying event are we talking about?

If it’s global warming then lots of these DIY stores everyone is counting on will be under tens or even hundreds of metres of polluted water.

And the high ground that remains (the islands of the lake district’s highest hills perhaps) will be hot, humid and crawling with scary insects. Huge, in your face, poisonous insects from your worst nightmares.

Saccades
    Free Member

“real doll” distributor has a warehouse in Gateshead.

Did this thread a long time ago, feral dogs would be the main worry…

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Nah, zombies would’ve eaten all the dogs.

funkmasterp

Like this, but with ther comedy element removed

Rogue Chihuahuas

wrecker
    Free Member

Clean water is number 1 requirement, so any base will need to be located with this in mind. I’d have a variety of weapons. If feral pack animals expected to be an issue, 30 round magazines will be an advantage and 9mm would be ample for dogs and the like. A shotgun for food, a sidearm for opportunity kills.
    Source two generators, fuel transfer systems and switchgear, a tanker or two of fuel. A landy for reliability and plenty of widely available spares. And a haynes manual – I’m shit at car mechanics!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Plenty of cruise ships to perloin, fill it full of diesel/food/ents and head 10mins offshore, tow an Open60 behind it for quick evac, also fill the hold of the ship with motorbikes and quads/quad trailers. Plenty of supermarkets will have tinned food and bottled water/drink.

Depending on the state of the land after the demise, I’d be waiting at least 3mths before heading back to port, where would I moor my cruise ship? In the Med.

funkmasterp

All this talk of spares, manuals etc. There will be literally thousands of cars, tinned goods, bottled water, houses etc. All just sat there with just you around. I’d basically just piss about 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

But for clean water, you’ll likely be out in the sticks.

oldnpastit

All this talk of spares, manuals etc. There will be literally thousands of cars, tinned goods, bottled water, houses etc. All just sat there with just you around. I’d basically just piss about

Well, unless what’s happened is a GM bacteria has escaped from the lab which devours flesh and plastic with equal ferocity.

No bottled water for starters. Or carbon fibre bikes.

wrecker
    Free Member

Or carbon fibre bikes.

YOU MONSTER!

squirrelking
    Free Member

Depending on the state of the land after the demise, I’d be waiting at least 3mths before heading back to port, where would I moor my cruise ship? In the Med

Rockdodger or engineer?

If neither, dream on. You’ll probably hit something before you get it anywhere. I tried holding a container ship straight going through the Bay of Biscay once, that was hilarious.

funkmasterp

[/quote]Well, unless what’s happened is a GM bacteria has escaped from the lab which devours flesh and plastic with equal ferocity.

No bottled water for starters. Or carbon fibre bikes.

How am I still alive if there is a flesh devouring virus on the loose? Yay, no more ugly carbon bikes. Steel hardtails everywhere 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ll be fine, I can drive a car.. a cruise ships just the same.. use an AA map for directions…
    Moor off the Canaries I’ve decided, plenty of waves for surfing and being a bit more remote there might be less contamination.
    All engineers on ships do is walk around with WD40 and moan, it’s all computers and remote drive Shirley. So long as the things got fuel it’ll go. If that fails I’ll get another, plenty in Sotty to choose from. Might tow an oil tanker with me, plenty at Calshot. I don’t like flying or I’d nick an A380 and fill it with crisps and dime bars.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Ah, you’re a manager then! 😉

Drac

You head out with your gun (which you’ve never fired before) and shoot an animal (not forgetting that it’s unlikely you’ve ever slaughtered one and prepared it). Now you’ve had your first meal, what are you going to do with the rest of the meat?…

Speak for yourself.

richardkennerley

So, let’s say you’ve embraced the challenge, got a good set up and become self sufficient, would you still go mtb’ing, knowing that if you fall and bust your collar bone or something you’re on your own!?

5thElefant
    Free Member

A landy for reliability…

😆

Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘If you were the last person alive on earth….’ is closed to new replies.