Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • If you were buying some secondhand wheels……
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

And you saw two sets, both of which were in the same, good, condition except:

One was DT Swiss 240s hubs on Mavic 717s
    The other was Hope Pro 2 on DT4.2 rims

What would you expect to pay, and would there be a big difference in price?

So basically, price those 2 wheelsets for me please..! 🙂

ojom
    Free Member

240 is nice BUT if you need parts for it you will know all about it cost wise.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Who say’s I’m BUYING them? 😉

I need a price comparison….

boxelder

DT/mavic would be 40 quid more
    £160/120

Do I win them?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

As little as that? OK, fair enough. I was thinking more Like £140-£150 for the Hopes and near £200 for the DTs

You think that’s too high?

(Honest Q, not arguing!) 🙂

DrP

Hoops are circa 160-190 with 4.2/5.1s, obviously the upper range for top nick!

Not sure on the others…..

DrP

Andy

£140-£150 is about right for the Hoops. I’d be asking £170-£180 without p&p if in really good nick.

MrA

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Hoops are circa 160-190 with 4.2/5.1s,

Is that all? They were £245 cheapest last time I bought some (The ones in question, to be fair….)

EDIT
    New price, per pair, that is

z1ppy

The “new” EVO model versions been released since then (ok a redesign of the internals), this always affects the previous model.

br
    Free Member

ebay them both, and find out…

Junkyard
    Free Member

£150 ish top price for the Hope depending on rim marks /dings
    more for the DT £200 ish

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I see. (Do the newer ones have decent bearings in them, he muses…..)

I digress

So £140 for the Hopes, £190 for the DTs then?

What if there was, (theoretically speaking you understand….) a THIRD set with DT 4.2 rims, a DT 240s rear hub, and, say, an XTR 15mm front hub… possibly even centrelock, you know…. maybe….. £190 again? If they existed, that is. Which they might…..

🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

ebay them both, and find out…

Don’t like ebay. Costs too much. Especially for selling titanium Cotic frames……

oops. 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

not sure your mismatched wheels are worth that much as folk tend to want matching sets
    PS i dont know what the xtr costs but have decide ignorance should be no bar to an opinion 😉

RustyMac

PP if they were my wheels that maybe for sale and not say some of yours that you may be considering selling to downsize the fleet I’d be valuing them at Hope DT 4.2 £160 posted £150 collected. Every one seems to want hope hoops. The DT240 hubs on 717 rims are an amazing pair of wheels that I wouldn’t look to part with for less than £200 but there are very few people out there that want to believe the 240 hub is superior to the pro2 so they may be a hard sell. Mismatched hubs will put a lot of people off the 240 XTR hub combo so that will probably be the wheelset with least value of the lot of them.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

im after a DT 240 rear hub, emails in profile

cheers

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Sorry, complete pairs only. If they were for sale, in theory, that is…!

Rusty, agreed on the DT Hubs. Wipe the floor with Hopes IME 🙂

dirtyrider
    Free Member

240’s

centrelock or 6 bolt?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘If you were buying some secondhand wheels……’ is closed to new replies.