Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • If you only see one Jaguar pounce on an Alligator in your life time…
  • SaxonRider

…make it this one. Nature is incredible.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBNYwxDZ_pA[/video]

molgrips
    Free Member

That’s what you call hard.

nairnster
    Free Member

Hunting machine right there.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Its a Cayman 😉 great video annoying commentary though, we need David Attenborough

sandwicheater

Pfffft, I preferred the other video of a Jaguar pounce on a Alligator 😉

Props to anything that’s cool swimming through Alligator infested waters.

LS
    Free Member

I’ve watched that many times and what I find most impressive (beyond the sheer power and speed) is the fact that it uses the Cayman’s own hunting technique against it.
    Proper apex predator in action!

DezB
    Free Member

we need David Attenborough

or Paul McGann 😆

it uses the Cayman’s own hunting technique against it.

Yeah, it’s great when you see a Cayman skip along the bank and jump on the prey’s back.. 😉

LS
    Free Member

Or swim with only its nose and eyes above water and not making any disturbance to the surface 🙄 😆

Cougar

(OP, FYI I’ve changed your video link to point to the original National Geographic feed, rather than the one you posted which was full of spammy nonsense covering up half of the picture.)

jambalaya
    Free Member

Thanks Cougar, it was annoying and the video is great I watched it twice

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Commentator came off as being some 12 year old commenting on a compilation of Call of Duty head shots.

Meh

wrecker
    Free Member

Ace. I like how the cat looks at the cameraman as is to say “piss off, can’t you see I’m sneaking

D0NK

Ace. I like how the cat looks at the cameraman as is to say “piss off, can’t you see I’m sneaking”

I assumed he was saying “if I find nowt else along here I’m coming for you!”

nach
    Free Member

Tom_W1987 – Member
    Commentator came off as being some 12 year old commenting on a compilation of Call of Duty head shots.

You’re being pretty flattering to that crowd there Tom.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I’d like the alligator please waiter…. and make it snappy

racefaceec90

😯

just like the leopard also,even a pack of lions/baboons will treat a leopard with respect. anything that can carry something twice it’s own body weight up a tree is definitely not to be messed with (jaguars also).

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Also, I’m going to be remembering this video the next time I go for a ride in Rutland during the dark….

great

Matt24k
    Free Member

The narration and narrator were nauseating but it was great footage.
    A Cayman is a lot smaller than an Alligator but still pretty scary up close.
    I was waiting below the surface after a cave dive in Florida when I looked up and saw a Cayman on the edge of the sink hole I was in. That concentrated my mind and made for possibly the longest deco stop I’d ever done. When it became apparent that the Cayman was going nowhere, we surfaced carefully and he didn’t even twitch. At that point I thought it may be dead and some joker had placed it there. That thought soon passed as he slipped into the water and we exited at full speed!

jambalaya
    Free Member

😯

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘If you only see one Jaguar pounce on an Alligator in your life time…’ is closed to new replies.