Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • if you like beethoven – 11.45 itv3 Immortal beloved
  • timdrayton
    Free Member

i bloody love this film.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

What’s it about?

I do like a bit of the old Ludwig Van, meself…

timdrayton
    Free Member

its a love story (a dramatic interpretation of beethovens life) very loosely based around the inspiration for the music.

probably a complete fiction, but gary altman was pretty good, it made me sob as a teenager, and made me listen to classical music

roper
    Free Member

Also
    “Lee Miller: A Crazy Way of Seeing” BBC4 21:30

I’ve not seen the program, but she lived a very interesting life and modelled in and took some bloody good photos to boot.

timdrayton
    Free Member

god havent seen the clockwrok orange in years, must dust it off, still trying to get the missus to watch withnail and i, and 2001, no joy yet tho

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Cor, bit of culture on the box tonight!

Lee Miller used to work with Man Ray, who was one of my inspirations while studying tography. I’d spend hours in the darkroom, trying to suss out how to solarise prints.

She was a cracking looking lass. I’m sure she and Man Ray ‘worked on a few projects together’, if you know what I mean! 😉

Tim; 2001 is one of the bestest fillums of all time, no question. Best watched on yer own though, I always think.

timdrayton
    Free Member

the whicker man, rudeboy!

they dont makes em like they use to eh?

the landlords daughter!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well I hope the film is better than Beethoven’s music 😯

……… jeezus, the geezer must’ve been stone-deaf ffs

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ah, I see the Philistine has arrived.

Ignorant savage. Mind, no more than I expect, from a Croydonite… 🙁

RudeBoy
    Free Member

What a tragic tale. Poor Ludwig… 😥

But what Genius.

Enjoyed the photie docus. Found the Lee Miller one very inertesting. Never thought her work was exceptional, compared to others, but such dedication and drive. As for Leibowitz; never been a fan of her work. Far too drivative, and nothing really outstanding about it. Contrived to the point of boredom, some of it. Got nowt against such stylised work, per say, but hers just is not worthy of the rave reviews people give it. She’s a celebrity tographer, who is part of the World she portrays. But her work is as shallow and superficial as the subjects she photographs, imo. And to hear some of the comments people were making was just cringe-making.

Nice one Tim! Good PSA! I enjoy!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘if you like beethoven – 11.45 itv3 Immortal beloved’ is closed to new replies.