Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • If you had won 45,000,000 would you remain anonymous
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Does Camelot lean on people to go public?? If I won I wouldnt tell anyone or at least not make a huge fuss about it.

Good luck to the winners, hope it makes them happy.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Damn right I would stay anonymous. I wouldn't want any of the publicity at all or any of the crap that comes with it.

wombat

I'd tell nobody outside immediate family.

As for the begging leters….I'd keep sending them out just like before 🙂

2hottie
    Free Member

2nd what Matthew H said.

Bunnyhop

Absolutely. It'll never happen to me anyway 'cos I don't do the lottery.

bruneep

I'm saying nothing

😐

At all.

Gary_C

Too right i'd remain anonymous,long lost relatives who 'just happened to be in the area,so we thought we'd call in'…yeah right!!,no doubt my **** money grabbing bitch of an ex wife would 'look me up' too…

So no publicity for me,thanks!!

Oh,er…. 😳

CountZero

No publicity here either. I'd leave my job, saying I had a better one to go to, I'd keep my current car, but quietly buy a nice place somewhere quiet and get myself settled before getting a better car and other stuff. No way I'd be buying a huge house that I'd have to maintain. I'd maybe set up a nice bike shop but employ good people to actually run it, 'cos I'm useless, then I could just work in the shop. There's a few local charities that would quietly benefit, too.

iDave
    Free Member

i didn't tell anyone

genesis
    Free Member

I'd go public before the media hunted me down, then buy a blunderbuss and sit on my porch, waiting…..

Smee
    Free Member

It's part of the Ts & Cs of doing the lottery that you aren't allowed to remain anonymous. My mate won a couple of million a few yrs back.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No way – I would insist on telling everyone……

saladdodger
    Free Member

sorry I cannot talk I am packing my stuff

I wish 🙄

br
    Free Member

I think that my LBS might guess…

samuri
    Free Member

It's part of the Ts & Cs of doing the lottery that you aren't allowed to remain anonymous. My mate won a couple of million a few yrs back.

Is it? What a bunch of gits. Well if I win they can keep their money, that'll teach them.

clubber
    Free Member
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Many lottery winners have remained anonymous I believe

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

We could all be millionaires if the bank of england all gave us a million each instead of that quantitive easing boll@x.

We all then just leave the country for warmer climbs. Britain becomes a wilderness sorted!

white101

Go public!!!!

With the skeletons in my closet!!! no thanks, 6months solid on the front page of the sun, no ta.

You can bet the sun will be running its 'do you know the winners? have you shagged them at a xmas staff party? did they forget there uncles last birthday? muck raking crap.

My mate won 5.5m bout 7 years ago went public, but never seen since in the press, just got on with his life. (albeit, MUCH more comfortable life)

higgo
    Free Member

…the Company may not publicise any details of any Prize winner without the prior written consent of that person

stumpy01

I'd remain anonymous, give a fair chunk to charities, make sure my family & friends are well looked after & then buy a HUGE motorhome & take off. A few yrs trundling round Europe, then off to Oz/NZ and then over to America.

Should really start buying a ticket, really. Used to every week, but haven't for ages.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

i think it is a silly amount to win, they should limit the the win to say 1mill so more people can win.

i mean where would you draw the line with the people you would help, friends etc.

i'd love to win enough to pay all debt buy a few bits and nobody apart from close family would ever know.

brakes
    Free Member

I'd buy some anonimity

brakes
    Free Member

and a dictionary

nicks
    Free Member

i think people would guess …… helicopters / cars/ bikes / partys / girls / more cars / always on holiday / more bikes /

TenMen
    Free Member

I wouldn't tell a soul. And I include my wife in that category.

bigsi
    Free Member

No way would i tell anyone, its difficult enough to get discount at my LBS when I'm skint let along if i was loaded 🙄

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Go public! F*ck me, I think everyone from here to Pluto would know if I won!
    But you lot would get bog all.
    And plenty of it. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Ditto the remaining anonymous, most of the hedonistic man whoring crap ive got up to in the past no body would quite rightly be bothered about normally but with a few mil in my pocket id be a target for every tabloid hack looking for an easy story.

james
    Free Member

"they should limit the the win to say 1mill so more people can win"

But surely that would reduce the appeal of it? You can't buy that much with 1 million or have a rich style for the rest of your life on it either. How much does the government get of it?

james
    Free Member

"they should limit the the win to say 1mill so more people can win"

But surely that would reduce the appeal of it? You can't buy that much with 1 million or have a rich style for the rest of your life on it either. How much does the government get of it?

I'd stay anonomous, though my LBS might be able to guess somethings up ..

Kramer
    Free Member

You wouldn't be able to stay anonymous with that kind of win. The media would want to know, and someone would grass you up, and that way you'd have no control over the story.

snowslave

I guess a few of the more perceptive work colleagues might guess something was up as I ran around the place with an axe smashing everything to small bits and laughing manically.

Anyway, how the **** do you hide the fact you've won £45m, other than by not touching it. In which case why win it in the first place.

z1ppy

definitely stay as anonymous as I could, not worried about the begging letters or relatives [**** em all!], more about being targeted by 'nasty' ppl.

As for the charitable contributions, well yes of course you would, it's a tax dodge ain't it….

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

First thing I would buy is a stealth suit, not a cat in hells chance that I would let the world know. Great way to ensure your life & that of your family is runined IMHO

willard

Not a chance of going public…

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i'd have a pope mobile style car made with a throne inside made out of £50 notes and a crown made out of £50 notes and a suit made out of erm…..£50 notes.

I'd then embark on a tour of the country sticking my fingers up at anyone who has ever upset me.

this of course would be after my private army had cleansed the world of X factor fans (see other thread for details)

MrTall
    Free Member

I don't think in this day and age that it would be possible for anyone to keep a win of that size quiet.
    £45m is a huge amount of money, friends would notice, family would notice – somebody would sell you out (even the bank employees might as they would notice huge deposits in your accounts).
    Best bet is to come clean but then leave the country for a few weeks/months to let the hype die down.
    I always thought that if the tabloids dig around for past girlfriends etc for sleazy stories that i'd make it known that any journalist messing with me would have a private investigator hired to follow them 24/7 to dig into their life also – with the results made public for all to see. Everyone has skeletons in their closet, but i'd have £45m to expose other peoples…..
    Glad that at least half the jackpot was split between a syndicate (of working people) and not some dole scroungers or scumbags.
    £45m is still an obscene amount to win though – i'd be giving at least half of it away from the start.

zaskar
    Free Member

I would stay quite about it so people still treat me as normal.

I think the Ferrari in the driveway next to my old banger would give the game away.

I wish! back to work…need business plan to be rich!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘If you had won 45,000,000 would you remain anonymous’ is closed to new replies.