Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • If you had a trail built for you…
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

I can build uncertainty – but it wouldn't have any flow 😉

MrAgreeable

Smething that uses the landscape to its fullest effect. It could be steep, twisty, natural jumps and drops, or it could just have a lovely view. 🙂

lyons
    Free Member

It would be really chugging difficult! With techy climbs, hard descents, jumps, drops, difficult tooth bits, all with decent flowy singletrack like you get in the south east and south west alot. LOADS of corners. There would be sections that were too hard for me to ride right now. It would be awesome.

mboy
    Free Member

If I had a trail built for me, without wishing to sound cliched, there's only one thing I'd be after…

Flow

Forget pretty much everything else, the best trails in the world in my mind can be as flat as a pancake, or as steep as Mt Everest, but they all have flow.

And flow comes and goes as I've witnessed too. Cwm Carn Twrch trail for instance, sections of it used to flow brilliantly to my mind, and perhaps because of its popularity it seems to have worn quite a bit and lost a heck of a lot of the flow it used to have, particularly once you start descending from the top…

Northwind

If it's only for me, I'll have something much lie Pie Run at Glentress but make it a little narrower, and have it go on for miles, break out of the trees occasionally to give it a bit of a view, more big roots, a load of rock gardens, some techy climbing, some bedrock stuff and give it some terrifying rocky steps/drops and a little bit of balancey woodwork to finish up.

OK, so I've effectively just said "Take Glentress, Drumlanrig and Kirroughtree and squash them all together" but that sounds like a pretty good recipe to me.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘If you had a trail built for you…’ is closed to new replies.