Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • If you had a spare week?
  • shorn
    Free Member

Potentially, I could have a spare week in June this year free of family and work commitments and fancy doing a solo trip of some sort. What would you do with a budget in the low hundreds?

wolfenstein
    Free Member

buy petrol + do 7 stanes = happy
    buy petrol + surfboard + cornwall = happy

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’m in the South East of England so I would probably head for Wales for a mix of trail centres and natural MTB

jekkyl

1.where do you live?
    2.do you have a car?
    3.what have you done before?
    4.would you prefer to camp while touring or to camp in one place and ride everyday?
    5.what bike or bikes do you have access to?

you can do a lot in a week.
    Tour of all the trail centres in wales.
    Train it to a far point in the UK and cycle home.
    Ferry to france as a foot passenger, cycle to another ferry port along the north coast, stay in hostels, ferry back and then cycle back to your car.

bikebouy
    Free Member

NCN 72 – Coast to Coast, Hadrians Wall cycle route.

Park in Kendal, Free.
    Catch Train to Whitehaven and start riding to either Siloth or Bowness on Solway & BnB it, then Bowness to Hexham and BnB, then Hexham to Whitley Bay. Then Train back to Kendal.

All in thats about £250 in BnB, £60 Train fare, no idea about fuel to get to Kendal because I have no idea where you live.

Anyways, I’m doing this in May, but taking another day to do it, all in £400 for the lot..

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Dartmoor, Exmoor, Quantocks

shermer75
    Free Member

Drive to the Alps (doable in a day) or fly to the Sierra Nevada in Spain. The Alps have uplifts and are more gravity focussed (obvs), Spain is amazing and really beautiful but be prepared to pedal more! 🙂

martinhutch

Welsh Coast to Coast with extras.

shorn
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I’m in the east of the uk. I’ve done the c2c a couple of times and the North penine way. I would probably leave the car at home for the family to use but can fly from stansted quite easily or train. I have a bike suitable for touring. If need be I could hire a mtb for when I need it on route.

redjon
    Free Member

Do the Alps, fantastic scenery, awesome riding and loads of mountain lodges with food food and beer…..

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Ibiza?

TheBrick
    Free Member

Wales end to end off road would be my choice. Train fair there and back plus a b&b at one or both ends would be main costs.

P-Jay
    Free Member

If it’s late enough in June for the lifts to be open I’d head to the Alps, if you’re going solo go with Trail Alpine, the digs will be a bit rough, the food a bit dire but you’ll be thrown in the mix wit other riders and given a guide everyday.

mrsfry
    Free Member

construct a better alibi

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Bike Express to the South of France.
    Then just see how far back I got in a week before getting back on board for a lift home.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘If you had a spare week?’ is closed to new replies.