Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • If you had a long weekend and could go anywhere
  • spot2008
    Free Member

1) Where would you go?
    2) What trails would you ride?
    3) What would you eat/drink?

I’m looking for inspiration for weekend adventures for this year both home and abroad.

The first trip idea I’m working on is flying out for a long weekend based out of Marrakech/Telouet which I picked off an old thread on STW. But as always putting together destinations with trails is always the tricky bit.

rOcKeTdOg

Scotland, tweed valley. So many trails & the wolfdog https://twitter.com/desmclean/status/73497183063781376

nickjb
    Free Member

Luchon is a good weekend destination. Cheap flights to Toulouse, 2 hr drive then some great uplifted trails. Plenty more to explore away from the lift. Its a nice spa town with good food too.

Keep meaning to do something similar in northern Italy but never quite get round to it.

tjagain

For a long weekend? Wester Ross.

kilo

Overnight flight to Cape Town, out to Stellenbosch or Tokai forest. Eat lots of meat and drink wine

sideshow
    Free Member

Starting from where? I wouldn’t bother with more than 6h each way travel for a long weekend, which rules out all of the above. Don’t get me wrong, they all sound great, but first on my agenda would be sorting out a longer trip.

sideshow
    Free Member

andeh

North Wales or Tweed valley and ride some trail centre, some dutty steeps, some natural stuff.

Sleep in a tent

Eat flapjack, pizza and bacon

Drink a choice few from Buxton Brewery

mikewsmith
    Free Member

At the moment, Derby tas, lots of little rivers beers hub pizza and good riding in dust with shuttles

lowey

1) Torridon.
    2) more choice than you can shake a stick at.
    3) Anything served at the Torridon.

Royston
    Free Member

Rotorua.
    I’m actually off to Taumaranui next weekend to ride the Timber Trail in the Pureora Forest with my son
    I’ll be taking some water, trailmix, beef jerky, apples and cereal bars

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Whistler, it’s a dream destination.
    Hit as many park lines as poss
    Eat Burgers and Drink Kokanee obvs

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘If you had a long weekend and could go anywhere’ is closed to new replies.