• This topic has 19 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • if you had a grand for a second hand full susser….
  • renton
    Free Member

….. what would you buy??

im selling my pitch and will have about a grand to spend on my next bike.

really like the pitch but the bottom bracket is a bit too low and i keep hitting my pedals!!

what would you buy??

must be a large.
    have at least 5 inches of travel
    be able to cope with my 17 stone fatty arse!!

any suggestions!!

.duncan
    Free Member

IMO you would not get much better than the pitch, but i suppose if you don't get on with it then maybe a Cannondale Prophet

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

You could buy my Turner Burner frame, not 5" but pretty close, I keep telling my wife the odd inch doesn't matter, its all about how you use what you have 😉

benji_allen
    Free Member

Didn't you have an enduro not that long ago?

Bregante

From Spesh website.

Specialized Pitch BB height 356 mm
    Specialized Enduro SL (07-09 models) 356 mm

and isn't the BB height adjustable on the pitch – the website implies that it is???

as I said in your other post, pedal strikes haven't really been a problem for me in over two years of owning my SL. Have you considered taller/wider tyres? (cheaper than a new bike?)

Northwind

I'd totally buy a Pitch. But that may not be entirely helpful. I might try less sag, thinner pedals, shorter cranks, taller tyres first. But that doesn't really seem especially low to me…

renton
    Free Member

i had an o6 enduro which is the older model.

both my riding mates have enduros and one is a large like my pitch.

compaired to his bike mine is more like a medium and theres is abit of difference in bb height too.

both got same tyres too.

lardhelliwell
    Free Member

I'm 16.5 stone,had a pitch for a couple of months,and i can say without doubt,it is the best all round bike i have ever owned,and i've had a few in the last year or two (commencal,santa cruz,intense etc).
    Personally i'd live with the padal bashing,as i dont think there is a better "all mountain" bike out there,especially for the price.

John.

lardhelliwell
    Free Member

P.S i do have an large Intense 5.5 evp for sale is your no convinced to keep the pitch.

lardhelliwell
    Free Member

PPS,
    What model is your pitch,might know someone interested if you sell?

John.

hora
    Free Member

As above Pitch. Respray and you have something special.

firestarter
    Free Member

5 spot?

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

When I saw the title of this thread I was going to suggest a Pitch …

Maybe you need to firm up your suspension a bit, have you got the forks at full travel, do you need a firmer spring, maybe try to ride differently so you don't strike the pedals and anticipate the ground ahead … would 1/2 or an inch BB height make that much difference as you still might go through the travel and strike pedals, can you try other bikes first?

firestarter
    Free Member

sorry i thought you had a grand for a frame doh sorry 😉

ampthill

Does A Fuel Ex have a higher bottom bracket? I certainly get less pedal strikes than on the Spec FSR XC I demoed

Or taller tyres?

hora
    Free Member

If I had a grand for a full susser I'd save up the remainder and buy a 2ndhand Lapierre.

chakaping
    Free Member

Or taller tyres?

Just what I was going to say. Put some whopping great tyres on it. 2.4 Rubber Queens helped my Reign out in this respect.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

really like the pitch but the bottom bracket is a bit too low and i keep hitting my pedals!!

Learn to ride it!! 🙂

Olly
    Free Member

swap the frame for a trance…

hora
    Free Member

I had this problem with my old Heckler and now Blur4x. You'll go too far the other way then realise a low BB is actually amazing if you stop pedalling or holding your pedals at odd angles when descending etc. 😀

IMO – a low BB is actually BETTER in my books for stability etc etc.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘if you had a grand for a second hand full susser….’ is closed to new replies.