Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • If you had £4k not doing much…
  • onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Take it like a man like the rest of us and take a pounding on interest rates and suffer the consequences of the cost of living these days.

No ISA like said is gonna pull in 6% at fixed rate.

Invest in tescos at the mo, tobacco co’s or gambling co’s OR wack in premium bonds where it’s apparently safe.

toby1

Eastern European tobacco companies if my last few days are anything to go by, Jesus, everyone over here smokes, I;m just waiting to a 4 year old with a fag, can’t be long surely!

bwaarp
    Free Member

Have an awesome holiday, go somewhere hot where you can mountain bike, scuba dive, snort coke and shag hookers for 3 months. If you are going to spend it, spend it on having an experience that will give you memories instead of “stuff” that will depreciate and become obsolete in a few years. It’s been shown people who do this are happier.

Because in a few years you’ll probably become sensible and get a full time girlfriend.

bonj
    Free Member

put a lot on bets at the bookies that are dead certs. Say, 8/10 ON, something like man utd against skegness town. You will hardly make very much on each one, but keep doing it a LOT and the profits will mount up.
    Only do it on ones that you are personally sure that are dead certs, but that the bookies are (just) still taking bets on.

anagallis_arvensis

Your at Uni for christsakes and you havent yet spent it on sex, drugs and rock and roll. FFS kids of today.

stratobiker
    Free Member

If I had 4k I’d spend it on guitars, and motorbikes….vintage ones. They’re an investment, and a great source of pleasure.

SB

dinosaurpoo
    Free Member

get a job in a bike shop. use your staff discount to buy a fanastic bike for 2 or 3 grand and sell after summer. you will sell for more than you bought.

better return on your £ than a bank and more fun to boot.

i agree that partying should not be overlooked in this budget.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘If you had £4k not doing much…’ is closed to new replies.