Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • if you had 2k for a road bike… older models
  • firestarter
    Free Member

2013 ultegra di2 or 2014 sram red. Or just go with a latest model ultegra ?

Mate is looking i like latest stuff. But sram red from last year is lovely. Not sure on di2 as its the older model stuff which iirc has beem significantly improved since 2013

TiRed

To be honest, latest Ultegra is a big jump from previous 10 speed. That said, Di2 is lovely in all flavours, and if it was me, and I was looking for one nice bike, it would be 10 speed Di2.

I linked to some bargain cannondale CAAD10 Di2s that have, understandably, all gone.

firestarter
    Free Member

It was a cannondale in the running lol well all 3 options were cannondale tbh

wwaswas

These guys always seem to have some bargain road stuff available;

http://www.cycledivision.co.uk/

firestarter
    Free Member

Cheers all bikes are supersix evo carbon 2013 ultegra di2. 2014 sram red. 2015 ultegra.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

10spd Di2 an expensive dead end. I keep looking at the £2K Cannondales at Paul’s Cycles, but the Canyon Ultimate CF at the same price is still killer value (despite them “ripping the UK off”).

Left field but for 1300 you can pick up a 2014 Cervelo R3 with 105. The 700 saved would buy 11SPD Ultegra and decent 11spd wheels.

mrblobby
    Free Member

How is 10sp di2 an expensive dead end? Replace rear mech, cassette and chain and a bit of reprogramming gives you 11sp if you ever feel the need.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’d say price is about right. 450 quid will get you the ultegra group. The wheels are pretty heavy, not Zipp’s finest, I’d rather have the Ksyrium option. Then there’s some reasonable finishing kit and the frame, not the most desirable and that’s reflected in the price. Still a nice bike.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘if you had 2k for a road bike… older models’ is closed to new replies.