Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • If you could live anywhere in Europe…
  • iainc

amazed no-one has suggested the Ayrshire Riviera yet ?? 😆

andyt1054
    Free Member

Rick. Yes it can be a real pain here shopping, we are literally in the old town – next to paradies. A small world re reichenau – that’s one of my short road loops with a coffee stop at the marina next to the camping area!

We are very lucky indeed!

Give us a heads up if your ever in the area – always happy to share a beer or two!

Dickyboy

Quite happy to stay in the Chilterns – be nice if I could afford to buy a house with a bit of land to grow fruit trees etc and even better if my kids could afford to buy reasonable houses too – perhaps we just need a cull

YoKaiser
    Free Member

iainc! ya cheeky bam! my house is in that very pic. Whilst not ahem perfect,its not as bad as a some, pray tell where is it you reside?

iainc

^^^ 🙂

I’m in the ‘shire, but not the same one as you !

Perchy or nobeer will be along in a mo…… 😀

egb81
    Free Member

Madeira for all year decent weather and big mountains or Sierra Nevada for big mountains, cheapness and good summer weather. I’d settle for most places that fit two out of three of those criteria.

chewkw
    Free Member

mmannerr – Member

Finland … they got sea, jungle and space.

Whaaat?
    There is no jungle here… Plenty of forests (pine, fir and mostly) with some mosquitoes.

If I could choose I’d live winters up north at Arctic circle and would visit warm places few times a year. [/quote]

Okay, forest as I keep imagining the jungle of Borneo …

Yes, plenty of mosquitoes but theirs are not as lethal as those in Borneo where a single bite might keep kill you or give you deadly diseases. The mosquitoes in Finland are just blood suckers and may drink a person dry even animals loss pints of blood to them.

Of all the Scandinavian countries Finnish people are the best no nonsense strong will type. They fought the Russian and won. 😆

perchypanther
    Free Member

Perchy or nobeer will be along in a mo……

Too late. We were along to rip the pish out of EK two pages ago……

iainc

^^^^Yeah, saw that, I missed a trick there, eh … 😀

spekkie
    Free Member

We’re very happy where we are – we chose it on purpose.

Guaso, just outside Ainsa in Northern Spain. Bang in the middle of the Zona-Zero MTB trails, 45 km from the French border, 3hrs from the Med and 3hrs from San Sebastian.

Proper summers and proper winters. Nice people and beautiful views . . .

fergal
    Free Member

Really envious, Spain is glorious, had a couple of trips last year near Valencia, another place we could live quite easily.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

If he’s from East Kilbride I’m even more insulted. Mind you I had to stay in Cumbernauld for two years so I’ve seen worse.

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Northern Spain was on my list to visit this year – too many people say it’s an outdoor wonderland and would be a perfect place to live. Thanks for that. My wife’s from EK so no offence, but we know that and it hasn’t been considered…yet. I should have said mainland Europe, that was foolish of me!

paulx
    Free Member

Somewhere around Perpignan to Girona. French or Spanish Catalunya. Great transport by air, road or train. Barca on your doorstep. Fabulous countryside, mountains and lots of great beaches. Nice weather – hot enough in the summer and mild enough in the winter on the coast or proper snowy in the hills.

alpin
    Free Member

Between the GF and I this topic keeps coming up for discussion. Both not quite 100% happy with where we are.

Where I am now! I moved to Konstanz south Germany at the start of the year it’s perfect for me…

Wait for the winter to kick in…. Months of low hanging grey cloud.
    I lived in Lindau for a year. Mate was in Radolfzell. The summer was awesome, the winter less so.

Been in Germany for almost ten years now. It is generally a safe place to be. Yes, everything works. However, I’m getting tired of the conservative mentality and the strict adherence to rules. Taxes are high.

Have been touring through France for the last four weeks. Beautiful areas, great riding and some of the Atlantic beaches are great. However, have been very disappointed with the service and food in restaurants. Slow service and a massive lack of any vegetarian options.

I’d happily move to Italy. I like the laid back attitude. Yes it’s chaotic, but things still work.

Either Liguria or South Tyrol. Liguria for the coastline, amazing views, rugged hills and the food.
    South Tyrol for the mountains, the riding, the language (they speak German there), the availability of work (most prosperous part of Italy) and the weather.

Think either is likely in the next five years unless something amazing happens to keep me in Bavaria.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Of all the Scandinavian countries Finnish people are the best no nonsense strong will type.

you mean they don’t say a word to anyone? They think Swedish people are talkative FGS!

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘If you could live anywhere in Europe…’ is closed to new replies.