Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • if you call your significant other….
  • jools182
    Free Member

…a pain in the arse

How long should you expect them to be annoyed for?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

less time than if you say yes your arse looks huge or there is nothing wrong with your cooking just my mum did it this way…

edit#
    it also depends what you were doing (or they were doing) it may be a factual statement if your into that sort of thing

RustySpanner

Depends:

Did you mean it?
    Does she think you meant it even though you didn’t?
    IS she a pain in the arse?

Could be anytime from half a minute to forever, really. 😀

Don’t ever forget – a man’s place is in the wrong.

Kryton57

Is she wearing a strap on? In which case she’d probably be pissing herself laughing.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I once forgot to let our daughter choose the mothers day card over me actually picking it. What a **** mistake that was… Good luck!

jools182
    Free Member

It was said as a joke, and the conversation preceeding it was a leg pulling one, but that doesn’t seem to matter

Logic isn’t involved here 😀

daveh
    Free Member

Very much depends how much of a pain in the arse they are.

dannybgoode

How long is a piece of string?

Just as there is no logic to her pissed offness there is no logic or reason to how long the said offness will last for.

Also, bear in mind whilst you may appear forgiven she may resurrect the subject at any point between now and when you are dearly departed and use it as evidence in any future row.

Cheers

Danny B

aidanoggy
    Free Member

It was said as a joke, and the conversation preceeding it was a leg pulling one, but that doesn’t seem to matter

Logic isn’t involved here

Logic is never involved, or consistency IME 🙄 😀

piemonster

Logic isn’t involved here

Genuine 😆

slackalice
    Free Member

Have you tried apologising? With sincerity?

Pride before a fall and all that, let it go chap. Life’s too short.

piemonster

Have you tried apologising? With sincerity?

I’ve tried this, many times. It’s not very effective by itself.

Normally calm returns with movement from both parties, one needs to recognise the insensitive comment. While the other needs to recognise they are being an over sensitive prat.

brakes
    Free Member

Women are like elephants.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Don’t tell her she’s like an elephant, it’s unlikely to help.

alpin
    Free Member

Women are like elephants.

Big and fat and wrinkly?

bikebouy
    Free Member

By definition women, all women, are a pain in the arse.

You just have to accept that and not be a total arse yourself.

BoL 😆

large418
    Free Member

Sounds like a 2 dayer to me.

jools182
    Free Member

Normally calm returns with movement from both parties, one needs to recognise the insensitive comment. While the other needs to recognise they are being an over sensitive prat

It’s part 2 that seems to be the problem 😀

Clover

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was actually something completely different but it’s easier and cleaner to be pissed off about the ‘pain in the arse’ comment.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Logic is never involved, or consistency IME

Half right Sir.

The only consistency is that they will always act illogically…

br
    Free Member

It depends…

My wife has just said, I quote:

“if you are going to act like a teenager I will treat you like one – you’re not going MTBing until I feel you can be trusted again”

And the reason? Myself and a pal did a big ride yesterday where we got caught on time, not getting back until 10pm (both phones died). She’d gone out to friends at 6pm (which was already planned), and when I’d not texted her that we were back earlier, panicked and had called many friends plus local A&E…

Junkyard
    Free Member

So you think she was wrong to worry that you were not back on time and did not contact ? TBH the both our phones died etc does sound like what a teenager would say tbh

Under those circumstances I would expect them to be pissed off and happy that someone loved me enough to GAS when I was late and worry for me and I would not call it “panic” but concerned love.

YMMV

As for the OP it would entirely depend on the circumstance – if said jokingly and she was sober not very long, if drunk just leave it till the morning if taken the wrong way [ ooer missus] and if said with meaning a VERY VERY long time

monkeychild
    Free Member

Go gay.

thejesmonddingo

Sounds like Mrs jools182 is a bit of a pain in the arse to me.

tazzymtb

if they are that much of hyper sensitive bunny boiling nutter..leave. Your life will never be your own, you’ll spend all your time like this..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0SVG6SgirE[/video]

riiich
    Free Member

3-4 hours for “your a pain in the arse”

However, any slight hesitation to the question “does my arse look big in this?”, then 3-4 days.

aidanoggy
    Free Member

Logic is never involved, or consistency IME
    Half right Sir.

The only consistency is that they will always act illogically…

Good point, well made!

deepreddave
    Free Member

About now you need to say ‘get over it or grow up’ and throw in the offer of a cuddle. That will either work or at least take the spotlight away from the ‘pain in the arse’ comment.

Mars and Venus or maybe Mars and Uranus in this case? 😉

Cougar

I was once halfway through calling my OH a ‘clown’ when my internal dialogue thought “that’s a bit harsh.” In an attempt to verbally slam the brakes on on the fly and say something else, I managed to accidentally call her something else beginning with ‘C’. She didn’t speak to me for two days.

peterfile
    Free Member

Tazzy +1,000,000

Junkyard
    Free Member

awesome
    I was at work and trying to stop swearing pre child one being born and self censored the f word and then said the c word so it went effing c word
    FAIL 😳
    Still at least she was not my partner and I bet persuading her of your reason for doing that was well received 😆

pingu66
    Free Member

I find that I am always in the shit, the only difference is that somedays its deeper and stickier than others. Unfortunately she still insists on talking to me.

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

She’ll be mad for a few hours, pretend to have forgotten it in a couple of days, remind me about it for a few weeks. But it will be the 31st of February before she really lets it go.

jools182
    Free Member

sicklilpuppy, I commend you on your accuracy

jon1973
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbA-KAgj-ko[/video]

brooess
    Free Member

I was at a friend’s birthday yesterday and all one guy could go on about was how much under the thumb he was and how much bollocking he got from his wife all the time. Struck me as utterly miserable… poor bugger. Assuming his take was an accurate reflection he sounded like he’d be better off out

TheSanityAssassin

All this not talking for xx amount of time is utterly pointless and downright bloody childish. She’d get told so in no uncertain terms too. It’s pathetic.

Mind you, I am divorced now……

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Try the ‘Love it, change it, leave it’ line.

She chose to be with you so she want you to be you. If she doesn’t get that she is a thick pain in the arse and should shut the f!!k up!*

*only say this out loud when you are out of earshot and not being recorded. It won’t help but might make you feel better

yunki
    Free Member

she sounds like a pain in the arse, but maybe she is genuinely upset..

Try to empathise, and work out exactly where the hurt is coming from, try to understand your mistake and her pain, so that you can build from there and avoid hurting her again in the future..

Perhaps you should consider demonstrating some insight, and try starting the peace talks with something like..

‘truth hurts does it love..?’

FWIW I got a bit lost on the way home in my drunken state on friday (my birthday) and ended up round a mates drinking and talking crap ’til 8am.. I am firmly in the dog house for the forseeable future

emac65
    Free Member

Wouldn’t expect the wife to go in a mood at all for that………..Wouldn’t be with her if she did tbh….But then I’ve only been married 24 years………

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘if you call your significant other….’ is closed to new replies.