Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • If Wiggle floats…
  • scotroutes

… do you think they’ll have discounts for shareholders?

tonyg2003

No. You will get a dividend on your shares if they continue to make a profit.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Are they floating?

scotroutes

Possibly. That’s why I used the word “if”.

wordnumb
    Free Member

I thought it was CRC that occasionally flooded.

Jamie
    Free Member

Possibly. That’s why I used the word “if”.

Sauce?

Jamie
    Free Member

Cheers.

*rings stockbroker*

convert

Founded in 1999 with capital outlay of just £2,000, Wiggle had turnover of £140.8 million in the year to 5 February 2013.

Interesting to know if this is true or just a technicality of when it changed it’s name.

Wiggle started from a very normal lbs called Butler’s cycles (complete with sale bin of years old triathlon kit in unfeasible colours we would go in and dare each other to try on) in Southsea that had been around forever. Properly normal going nowhere kind of dusty old lbs. Then it changed location to a few hundred yard up the road and cleaned up it’s act a bit. Then it changed the name to Wiggle (probably 1999) but it was still a bobbins little shop….then a little warehouse….then a bigger warehouse….then loads of warehouses and global empire building.

I always wonder how much the first old boy who owned it made from it’s meteoric rise. I’m guess he was long gone by the time they started making proper money.

mrjmt
    Free Member

I’m sure this announcement also happened a couple of years back. I deffo remember reading something about this. I’m sure. 😕

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m sure this announcement also happened a couple of years back. I deffo remember reading something about this. I’m sure.

From Druidh’s link:

It would not be the first time that Wiggle, which sponsors road.cc’s Fantasy Cycling game, had explored the possibility of seeking a stockmarket listing.

In 2011, chief executive Humphrey Cobbold, described a flotation as a “serious option.”

It was one that then owners, Isis Partners, chose not to pursue, with Wiggle sold in December 2011 to fellow private equity firm, Bridgepoint Capital, in a deal valuing the business at £180 million.

So good news, you’re not losing your brains. It really did happen 😀

variflex
    Free Member

Indeed, Bridgepoint Capital was involved with Fatface also. A float is normal for these kinds of investment companies as they want to get their money back and some…normally significant amounts. Given the expansion and amount of sales to AUS and alike, I think Wiggle ended up adding warehouse space in other parts of the world to speed up delivery. Or were at least planning to.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘If Wiggle floats…’ is closed to new replies.