Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • If someone else in your riding group buys the same bike as you…..
  • Swiftacular
    Free Member

…do you want rid of yours? Or is it just me? (good excuse for a new one though).

chakaping
    Free Member

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I presume you were joking, if not you need to have a long think about why you feel that way.

iamtheresurrection

What bike is it?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am not sure I would even notice TBH and I certainly would not care.
    If a mate drinks the same coffee as you do you change brands?

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Flow Myth.

Not sure if im serious or not, just pride myself a little on building distinctive and different bikes. Just dont want to look like a club and/or married couple 🙂

will
    Free Member

I do kind of know what you mean. But woulnd't bother me. A mate and I bought the same bikes at the same time from teh same shop years ago 😆

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I am not sure I would even notice TBH

Do you ride with your eyes closed?

trailmonkey

Not sure if im serious or not,

just pride myself a little on building distinctive and different bikes

Think you've answered your own question. I prescribe a course of stop taking yourself so seriously.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Thanks will, and your probably right trailmonkey, maybe im just looking for an excuse to buy a new bike. 😉

iamtheresurrection

It must be quite a different build then – and maybe a different colour? If it's an identical build and colour, I'd want to sell it. I'm 34, but I'd still act like a 14 year old if it was *identical*.

If it's just the same frame, then I don't think you can be too surprised given it's price and style – there aren't that many options for that type of frame at that price…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Do you ride with your eyes closed?

Use the force Junkyard, use the force 😀

BlingBling
    Free Member

He wanted your bike not your ass, get over yourself.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Constructive as always BlingBling, you know the guy then 😉

It is a different colour, i admit. Its only a stop-gap until the Tazer ht is released anywho.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

How daft.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

You'd have no excuse for being slower, is that what you're worried about? 😛

Zukemonster
    Free Member

"This MTB club just ain't big enough for the two of us" Then pistols at dawn IMHO

grumm
    Free Member

just pride myself a little on building distinctive and different bikes.

😆

Zukemonster
    Free Member

Actually just remembered that somebody from my group was thinking about getting the same bike as me, and they contacted me for advice on whether to get one or not… found my subconscious taking over, and telling them about all the problems (non-existant) with the bike and generally putting them off it (ROFL I love my bike) They ended up getting a Trek instead!

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Kill his bike with fire, then convince him it was for the best.

He'll look at you at in a different light. The light of his burning bike.

hughjengin
    Free Member

You would soon lose that feeling of exclusivity, if you rode a Stumpjumper FSR like me ! You would be trying hard to find a riding group without at least 3 of them

allyharp

What more excuse could you need to upgrade everything and make it different?

I can kinda see what you mean though. 2 people on exactly the same bike looks a bit like a married couple or hire bikes.

forge197
    Free Member

Doesn't bother me think it's good if riders in the group have the same bike then there's no blaming the equipment then if there a bit healthy competiton 😉

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

I think this might help

hughjengin
    Free Member

If its a great bike then who cares

simonralli2
    Free Member

Swift – how old are you? Are you going to get grief in the playground if you don't have a nicer bike 😀 If this group member shows up in the same clothes and same hair cut then start to worry.

mingsta
    Free Member

…do you want rid of yours?

No.

Shandy
    Free Member

Do you not feel like such a unique and special individual anymore?

surfer
    Free Member

Does his go faster than yours? If so maybe its not the bike you need to worry about!

juan
    Free Member

hum let me see all riding pals shop at the same LBS who only sells 4 different makes of bikes.

So yes very likely to have someone riding the same bike as me.

alpin
    Free Member

group i used to ride with i always felt like the odd one out. first time i rocked up on my STEEL (?!!) hardtail and was confronted by six liteville 301's.

huh? what's all that about.

steel is in caps because this is germany and steel weighs more than alu and everyone knows light weight is best.

13thfloormonk

Biscuit Power got it in one for me!

I can admit i'm pathetic enough to always need an excuse in reserve for not being the fastest rider in a given group, and at the end of the day, so long as no-one else is on the same bike as you then there's some way of making that your excuse 😀

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Never thought about it really. A few years ago in our 'riding group' we all rode DMR's, there was at least 6 of us who rode them.

z1ppy

Three guys I know have the same bike (SC Superlite), not cause they're trying to compete in anyway, but because they thought them that good (Admittedly there all different colours). What's the problem with that? Surely it's all about the riding not the 'look', or do we subscribe to another kind of MTB-ing to you?

njee20
    Free Member

I've been out on rides with team mate friends and there's been 4 of us with identical bikes. Is it really an issue?!

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

There are a number of 575s in our group.different hues,vintage and builds. Stumpys are rarer than Yetis in our bunch.

theboatman
    Free Member

emac65
    Free Member

When I rode an 04 Enduro(my lad's got it now)a few people said to me "doesn't it bother you that their as common as dog sh!t".
    My reply was "no, why should it ? It's only a ****' bike"…..

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

wouldn't really bother me if it was someone in the same riding group. However, I didn't like the idea of having the same DH frame as my OH. I thought it would just look a bit silly, especially as we're really different builds (and he's much faster than me ..)

tails
    Free Member

confronted by six liteville 301's.

Are they as good as they look, seem as though alot of thought has gone into them.

Gee, give the guy a break he just likes having a nice bike like the rest of us. If he had put my bike is no longer niche. I'm sure many of you would be saying how great and niche yours still is.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Thanks tails. It was slightly tongue in cheek, can't believe how serious this place has gotten.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘If someone else in your riding group buys the same bike as you…..’ is closed to new replies.