Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • if rims and tyres are "Tubeless Ready" what do I need to be tubeless?
  • lozbrown

Hi

On my existing bike I’ve got a UST set up, no holes in the Rim beds, don’t really need sealent but sometimes add it.

However the new ride is on it’s way, it’s got:
    – Mavic EN423 23 27.5″ 32H Tubeless Ready
    – Maxxis High Roller II 27.5×2.3 Tubeless Ready

So I’m really not sure if it’ll come tubeless, or I’ll need to do something to make it tubeless. And would that be just ditch the tubes, change the valves and put some sealant in? Or do i need to do something more in depth with rim tapes?

fatboyjon

There is a specific tubeless tape for those rims so hopfully, it’ll be fitted already. If it is, stick some Mavic valves in, add some sealant and go.

Beagleboy

Yep, don’t make the mistake I did and try to fit a tubeless kit in tubeless ready wheels and tyres. There was a great deal of sweary-shoutyness, followed by a long period of embarrassed silence when someone on here pointed out my rather obvious mistake. 😳

Would still check the rim tape though on the new wheels. Mine came ‘tubeless ready’ but the rim tape had been applied by some drunken loon wearing boxing gloves.

C.

trusty

Do those Mavics need a specific tubeless tape? Only asking as my lbs are building me a set of wheels using the 427 rim (same but wider)

lozbrown

Any suggestions what to look for in the rim tape? I have no tape in my UST wheels and I’m only familiar with Rim tape that’s like a giant flat rubber band that I cant imagine ever sealing anything….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘if rims and tyres are "Tubeless Ready" what do I need to be tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.