Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • if only i'd waited a little longer
  • 650bri
    Free Member

Recently bought a Saracen Kili Flyer and love it but, if i’d known this was coming Heckler 650

mikewsmith
    Free Member

it will be like a heckler with less choice of wheels….

650bri
    Free Member

From what I’ve seen and heard its the 26 that’s going to be hard to get stuff for soon.
    2014 will see 650b take over you watch. There’s just no reason for manufacturers to make 26 anymore.
    Of course the 26 will stay for years as there’s so many out there but like the v-brake, it will become less and less.

andymc06
    Free Member

Says the person who has invested heavily in it! 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

From what I’ve seen and heard its the 26 that’s going to be hard to get stuff for soon.

You’re a sheep.

hishairyness
    Free Member

haha, someones out their head above the parapet…
    careful Bri, glad you like the bike.

ratherbeintobago

From what I’ve seen and heard its the 26 that’s going to be hard to get stuff for eventually, maybe

FTFY.

559mm = 22.01″
    584mm = 22.99″

Why, for any reason other than marketing hype, is a huge fuss being made about wheels that aren’t actually an inch bigger than what we’ve already got?

(622mm = 24.49″ FWIW)

andymc06
    Free Member

A sheep or a troll……….

hishairyness
    Free Member

for me its simple, fatbikes all the way. the future is fat! 🙂

650bri
    Free Member

Loving the flyer thanks “hishairyness”, think i know who you are.
    Barrr or is it follderoll or however you spell it “andymc06”?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Recently bought a Saracen Kili Flyer and love it but, if i’d known this was coming Heckler 650

I’d rather have a Kili than any Santa Cruz.
    So I do. That’s what I have.
    😀

martinxyz
    Free Member

What is it.. 4% bigger in diameter?

650bri
    Free Member

yes guess so, much like suspension travel, no set amount. what i have noticed, the kili has 120mm of travel but feels a lot more, partly due to the wheels but also the shock link, clever. can’t bottom it out.
    off out now.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

650Bri, what happens when you get a new bike with 750 wheels? Do you change your name?

slackalice
    Free Member

Ah! The world of “if only”, “what if?”….

Kinda depends whether you prefer single pivot, in some ways?

But then again, if you had waited a little longer, you wouldn’t have been one of the brave early adopter’s, going out on a limb, daring to be different and saying “no!” To the nay Sayers of STW! 😀

I’m sure you’d have no problems selling your Killi to one of the many closet wannabe 650’ers that reside on this forum! 😉

Just ask yourself, does my bike make me smile and grin? There is your answer.

ratherbeintobago

What is it.. 4% bigger in diameter?

3.7% with tyres, vs. 9.7% for the difference between 26″ & 29″ wheels.

All above assuming 2.2″ tyres throughout.

bigrich

the vast majority of riders haven’t ridden a 650b. I suspect that the bike companies will need to force people onto them by stopping producing the 26″. if you have a 2012 26 trance are you going to buy a 2014 one just to refresh it? Nup.

nicko74

2014 will see 650b take over you watch

😆

And 2015’s when the robots take over too, right?

650bri
    Free Member

haha, i guess so, only reason its 650 bri is i only signed up a few weeks ago and it was the same time o got my Saracen Kili Flyer. must admit, not the best name, guess i got a bit excited about the new bike 😉

Toasty

Prefer the Saracen here too. To be honest you could swap the frames and sell the old one on here for no real cost.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘if only i'd waited a little longer’ is closed to new replies.