Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • If only he’d had Google Streetview (Todmorden content)
  • 40mpg

At last – a use for Google Streetview! If he’d looked before he (almost) leapt he would have known not to drive his BMW down a footpath and off a cliff.

Clicky

What a gimp!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Well, he drove a beemer, didn’t he?

Dave
    Free Member

Funnily enough I spotted the Google street View car this morning driving over the Kebs road above Tod.

40mpg

I hope you blurred out that number plate before posting ;o)

jaycmx1
    Free Member

i seen that pass through bacup last week.wondered what it was up to

jaycmx1
    Free Member

i seen that pass through bacup last week.wondered what it was up to.all the smack heads in the centre waving at it.that will look nice wont it :(.go to bacup because these are gona ambush you at the bus stop for two quid

RustySpanner

Spotted today on Bacup Road near the observatory, yesterday in Waterfoot.

Going back for a pikey free run?

johnhoo
    Free Member

ee Bacup. by eck

I worked in Haslingden for a bit, that was somewhat of a “local place for local people”, but by god did they have a downer on Bacup 😉

RustySpanner

Every little town and village round here hate their next door neighbours.
    I would have thought a wider gene pool would have been an advantage, but hey……… 🙂

stevomcd
    Free Member

We pretty regularly get guests calling us up going “we’re in Italy, just getting close to the French border and we’ll be with you soon”. We reply, “no, the pass is blocked with over 2m of snow, you need to turn back” but we often get people insisting on following their sat navs until they are actually confronted with the wall of snow higher than their car.

This is despite us warning about this on our website and in our emails!

Brownbacks
    Free Member

Bacup has a trail centre and a mtb race series

http://www.brownbacksracing.co.uk

must be on the up

thepodge
    Free Member

Bacup also has the shortest street in the world. FACT.

Tod people hate Bacup people, back in the early 80s the Tod show was seen by the Bacup lot as an invitation to come into town and cause trouble.

thepodge
    Free Member

oh and Tod people also hate people from Hebden as its full of hippies and lesbians. in fact i’m not sure if there isn’t anyone or anywhere that people from Tod don’t like. yet my dad still insists it the best place in the world.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I thought all people oop North were really friendly, and welcoming, though?

RustySpanner

‘appen.

thepodge
    Free Member

I thought all people oop North were really friendly, and welcoming, though?

compared to southerners yes. I kinda always found Tod to be slightly bitter about most things, probably because of its fall from grace over the last 100 years or so. hence why I moved out when I was 18

brant
    Free Member

Is that the bottom of Kelvin’s Classic, near the Masons?

thepodge
    Free Member

I’d put it some where round the Masons though i know not of this Kelvin’s Classic. to me its the track up by Bob’s house.

wwaswas

“probably because of its fall from grace over the last 100 years or so”

now that is nurturing a grudge.

thepodge
    Free Member

when you live in a town that has NEVER been part of Lancashire yet EVERYONE in the world believes it to be, things like that happen.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

compared to southerners yes.

What, every single one?

What a load of bollocks! Still, nowt like a bit of sweeping generalisation, eh?

Stikes me as odd, that Google are wasting money taking pics in such sparesly populated areas. I woon’t have thought Streetview would be all that inertesting or useful, in places that are mainly fields and stuff. IE, not ‘streets’.

thepodge
    Free Member

compared to southerners yes.

[quote]What, every single one?[/quote] Yes every single one, I’ve met you all and i know it. or maybe i wastaking the piss.

oddly, Google have been up and down every street around mine but not touched mine, maybe its because its a road, not a street.

RustySpanner

RudeBoy, occaisionally, one of us knockabout Northerners gets the urge to fly south for the winter. Google will help us uneducated idiots find the nearest train station.

We sometimes need to look at those streets paved with gold and experience that warm, cheery welcome that awaits all arrivals at Euston. 😀

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’ll meet you off the train, and take you for a drink!

Euston? Just round the corner from Drummond St, where there are a couple of really nice little Indian take-aways and restaurants. And a couple of nice pubs, too.

brant
    Free Member

Yes every single one, I’ve met you all and i know it. or maybe i wastaking the piss.

I’m warming to you… 🙂

RustySpanner

Thanks for the offer Rude Boy!

Same applies if you ever get yourself up to Manchester.

(Wow, the North and South CAN communicate without bitterness and violence – shall we tell Korea?)

thepodge
    Free Member

Yes every single one, I’ve met you all and I know it. or maybe I wastaking the piss.

[quote]I’m warming to you… [:-)][/quote]
    thanks, I think.

Dave
    Free Member

Is that the bottom of Kelvin’s Classic, near the Masons?

Last switchback before the run out to the road?

Del

when you live in a town that has NEVER been part of Lancashire yet EVERYONE in the world believes it to be, things like that happen.

well that’s my belief system shot all to hell. are you sure about this?

hey-ho. you’re all north of taunton, and all northerners to me. 🙂

thepodge
    Free Member

VERY sure, the lancs / yorks boarder used to go down the middle of the town and that’s why the town hall was built straddling it. however in the late 1800s when it became an official Borough the boarder was moved so that the whole town resides in west Yorkshire despite having an Oldham postcode & Rochdale phone number (both G Manchester but still listed on addresses as Lancs, which is probably where the confusion comes from). so effectively Tod has always been in Yorkshire because before that it wasn’t an official town or something along those lines.

if you’d like to know more I could try and get hold of my dad who is a bit of a local history buff on the town and especially on the Fielding family who brought much wealth to the town, i’m not a fielding by the way.

theflatboy
    Free Member

thepodge – Member

Bacup also has the shortest street in the world. FACT.

afraid not – http://www.rossendalefreepress.co.uk/news/s/519565_town_loses_record_for_worlds_shortest_street

thepodge
    Free Member

so i see.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘If only he’d had Google Streetview (Todmorden content)’ is closed to new replies.