Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • If Nicola Sturgeon is not an elected member of The Westminster Parliament…
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

…then how can she have any legitimacy in being the leader of the SNP MPs elected to Westminster?

Surely the leader of any party should also be an elected member of the chamber their party represents.

allthepies
    Free Member

There will be a separate SNP Westminster head honch

geetee1972
    Free Member

ah ok. Probably Alex Salmond then.

gobuchul
    Free Member

She is the leader of their political party. They will mainly follow the “party line”.

Doesn’t matter if she is in Westminster or not. The requirement is part of their party constitution. The same rules that would govern leader elections etc.

I think!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

ah ok. Probably Alex Salmond then.

Angus Robertson has been the leader of the party in Westminster since 2007. I suspect he’ll stay on in that role.

scotroutes

Not Alex Salmond either, Angus Robertson has already been confirmed

irc

how can she have any legitimacy in being the leader of the SNP MPs elected to Westminster?

The same way Jim Murphy was the leader of Scottish Labour while not an MSP and remains leader when no longer a member of any parliament.

rickmeister

The same way Jim Murphy was the leader of Scottish Labour while not an MSP and remains leader when no longer a member of any parliament or any other recorded Earth bound genetic species

FIFY

Northwind

TBH I think if I was Ian Murray I’d be telling him to **** off. “This is my party now, you’re not invited”

But anyway,

geetee1972 – Member

Surely the leader of any party should also be an elected member of the chamber their party represents.

Why?

scotroutes

Who are the Party Leaders of our MEPs?

gwaelod
    Free Member

You do know we’ve had Prime Ministers in the past who weren’t Members of Parliament.

British Constitution is marvellous…nothing in writing see.

gordimhor

MPs are supposed to represent their constituents not the chamber the parliament sits in.

redstripe
    Free Member

Does she wear a wig?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘If Nicola Sturgeon is not an elected member of The Westminster Parliament…’ is closed to new replies.