Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • If it was any of the countries in the Middle East firing…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

…missiles/ rockets etc the whole world would be starting a war with them, North Korea nothing happens ! Or are they still considered a non threat ? I’m sure NK could take a Japanese city out if they chose?!?

I don’t agree with trump, but something has to be done, I’m sure he has westerners working for him that are traitors!

Thoughts ???

FuzzyWuzzy

Are you trolling? There’s a stupidly long thread somewhere already for that ( + others thoughts if you’re really interested).

BigDummy
    Free Member

something has to be done

That is easy to say. The difficulty is that none of the apparent options are remotely attractive.

This very long essay in The Atlantic is worth the time.

codybrennan
    Free Member

If it was any of the countries in the Middle East firing
    …missiles/ rockets etc the whole world would be starting a war with them

Well, there are. Saudi Arabia’s airstrikes on Yemen then. Not bothered?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-29319423

bikebouy
    Free Member

unfitgeezer – Member
    but something has to be done,

Thoughts ???

Thoughts? Plenty

Instead of feeling inactive or ostracised, why not you yourself go shoot some ammo at them, or challenge them to an arm wrestle.

Off you go chuckle brother, get involved.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I guess we are taking action against the ME. Their states tend to support/help people fly airplanes into skyscrapers and drive vehicles on pavements through dense crowds rather than be so blatant as to develop ballistic missiles.

We took the soft diplomacy option with Iran, but NK is more advanced and supported by China, so we’re pussy-footing about because of the Chinese link I suspect.

It’s our own fault really (collectively in the west). We’ve set the precedent that in order to have a seat at the top table and have a say and influence in global affairs you have to be a nuclear nation, so we’ve set the goal for a lot of these small countries who want to have a fair say and crack of the whip to set out on the road to trying to get nukes so they will be taken seriously.

The only answer is a global disarming of nukes and dismantling of the global infrastructure and capability. It wont and shouldn’t happen unilaterally, so we’re stuffed.

richmtb

This very long essay in The Atlantic is worth the time.

I also thoroughly recommend that article its an excellent summary of the challenges of intervening in NK

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘If it was any of the countries in the Middle East firing…’ is closed to new replies.