Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • If it ain't Yoda…. (music sample question)
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It's been bugging me today, but does anyone know what TV show is sampled in the DJ Yoda track "Holding down the block"?

On this here album –

Track features Andy Cooper from the utterly brilliant Ugly Duckling.

sc-xc

Not sure…but I hve been listening to Yoda today (vol.1 then essential nix). Now onto Cut Chemist and Numark 8)

That doesn't really help does it?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No, doesn't really help, but thanks anyway!

By the way, if you like that kind of stuff, try this guy too – http://www.djandysmith.com/downloads.php

Jamie
    Free Member

I do not think it is a sample, listening to it now, think its an original sound.

sc-xc

bookmarked, thanks!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Barry, try the Essential, Electri Picnic and Documents as a starter!

Jamie, I'm sure it's a TV show. Am thinking something kids age group from the late 70s, but I just can't place it!

Kit
    Free Member

the utterly brilliant Ugly Duckling.

+1 but gutted to find out I missed their UK tour as I generally don't keep abreast of such things 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

gutted to find out I missed their UK tour as I generally don't keep abreast of such things

+1. 🙁

thegreatape
    Free Member

Doesn't say anything in the album sleeve for that song (it does reference samples for some of the other songs).

(BTW If you like this, and haven't already got it, then listen to his FabricLive album)

Jamie
    Free Member

Incidentally if no-one has already get this. Its awesome-sauce:

martinxyz
    Free Member

Heres pics i took ages ago.. http://martin-james.fotopic.net/c480302.html

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘If it ain't Yoda…. (music sample question)’ is closed to new replies.