Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • If I switched mobile provider to EE, would it be a really stupid idea?
  • santacruzsi
    Free Member

Ive been with them for 2 years are due either renewal, upgrade or can leave if i want.

Think i’ll stay with them. Never had cause to use their customer service much so can’t comment, but when i have they’ve been fine. Even got an extra Gig of data out of them each month for a complaining.

Wifi calling is good also (only on certain handsets at the moment) and thats come in useful.

If you get a 4GEE extra account you can get faster 4G and use your mins and texts in Europe. (not data though).

I’m happy with them!

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ve had to ring EE three times yesterday (my phone arrived on Friday), because I found that while coverage, including data coverage, is pretty decent in the area, there was no signal in the house.

First call – they suggested a couple of things on the handset to try, no to call them back if that didn’t solve it (it didn’t).

Second call – ok, we need to check if there are any issues in your postcode area…..sorry, that system is down, can you call us back in a couple of hours when it should be up and running again.

Third call – there are no faults or issues in your area, it’s basically your house that’s blocking the signal. Ok, what do we do about this? I’m sending you a signal booster which to plug into your wifi router. How much is that? Free.

So I’d have to say the three customer service people I spoke to yesterday were all pretty decent and seemed keen to resolve the problem. I know those signal boosters are supposed to cost £100+ , so if that solves it and costs me nothing I don’t see anything to grumble about.

nickharv

In my experience, EE signal and speed has been great wherever I’ve used it. However, their customer service or lack of it, is one of the worst I’ve ever experienced. When my contract came up for renewal, I took the decision to go with Three, knowing that coverage and speed wouldn’t be as good, but I was no longer prepared to be an EE customer, and their inability even to get the simple things right.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Signal booster turned up yesterday, plugged it in, rang EE and it was working in 5 minutes. Job done.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘If I switched mobile provider to EE, would it be a really stupid idea?’ is closed to new replies.