• This topic has 32 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Amos.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • If I sold my 575 what should I get instead?
  • Amos
    Free Member

Thinking of selling my 08 575 but what to replace it with? I'm thinking orang 5, intense 5.5, any other recommendations?

clive
    Free Member

Yeti seven !!!!!!!!!!!

easygirl

enduro

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    clive
    Free Member

Yeti Asr 5 !!!!!!!

grumm
    Free Member

PP sold his and got a Pitch.

Amos
    Free Member

Yeti 7 looks fooking horrible IMO! Wanna get away from a carbon rear end, has the ASR 5 got a carbon rear end?

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

orange 5, a cracking bike,just as good as a 575.

backhander
    Free Member

Why would you want to do that?
    I have a 5.5 BTW…..

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Santa Cruz Blur LT2, either ally or carbon depending on your wallet. Bloody love mine and you can do some customisation with the build options. The Intense is basically the same bike as they share development with SC.

Amos
    Free Member

Not entirely sure, just fancy a change and weighing up my options. Bit paranoid about the carbon rear end (not that i need to be particularly) The mud clearnce ain't great either (not really putting forward a great case if I'm looking to sell it am I!)

chakaping
    Free Member

Sold mine and got a Reign, and I think it's better in every way.

There's probably better bikes than the Reign, but in the sales it probably costs half as much as them.

Otherwise Remedy or Spicy worth a look, they'd be top of my list anyway.

metalheart
    Free Member

LaPierre Zesty?

shortcut

Pete Poddy had one of those and sold it for a Pitch Pro. He is well chuffed with it!

Amos
    Free Member

great suggestions but I'd be only selling the frame I reckon as I'm happy with the I've accumulated on the 575….

doof_doof
    Free Member

Sold my 575 and went over to the Turner camp. The 575 was good in its day, but the Turner beats it hands down in every situation.

Amos
    Free Member

TURNER now there's a plan, what did you go for ? 5 spot I assume?

the_lecht_rocks

Nicolai Helius AC, probably the best Nicolai model for UK trail useage :

doof_doof
    Free Member

I've got an RFX and a Flux. The Spot would be the obvious choice for a single bike 575 replacement though. I can't stress how good the bush system is for UK conditions. The bearings in the 575 were a right PITA.

the_lecht_rocks

nicolai's latest helius bearings are preloadable and full ceramic………allegedly……
    mine are still super tight after 12 months of neglect and abuse 😈

Crag
    Free Member

Very nice bike Lecht. Looks like there's some hard earned gone on that.

the_lecht_rocks

sorry crag – that's not mine – this is mine (but it's an AM not an AC) :

i could wholly recommend the AM but i reckon for the UK the AC is a better bike and a suitable replacement for the 575

coogan
    Free Member

Turner 5 Spot well worth a look. Have a 5 year old HL version that never let me down and still going strong regardless of my crashing it, bashing it, scuffing it and complete lack of bike maintance. Best bike I've owned. Wish my new DW version would hurry up and arrive.

the_lecht_rocks

shame the DWL looks so gash……….
    i'm still a turner fan however…..

Nicolai's are eternally fugly.

I have a carbon framed, alu rear triangled Enduro S-Works and it blows me away.

the_lecht_rocks

beauty / beholder, etc.

coogan
    Free Member

I didn't like the DW when I first saw them, look so much better built up. Ride bloody lovely though, the important part really.

gizzardman
    Free Member

Amos, I've just sold my 07 575 and bought a DW Spot. If you've got the dollar try one out, they're incredible. As good (if not better) than the Yeti on the climbs and destroys it on the downs.

mAx_hEadSet

New 2010 G Spot…. little chance of anyone walking up and saying 'I got one of those'

grantway
    Free Member

Could buy my Orange 5 AM 08 model 8)

grantway01@hotmail.com

Dirtynap
    Free Member

Depends what you want to do with it?

The 575 can be set up for two totally different types of riding and it depends on which type you do or will do. If you are a big hit type of rider than go with something with 6" of travel or even more, if your not that type then try something with 5" or even drop to 4" and superlight.

Amos
    Free Member

Grantway YGM

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

I'm surprised there are aren't more Orange Five answers – guess they must all be out riding their bikes! :mrgreen:

Amos
    Free Member

Yeah I should be but looking after my 2 year old today! Whats your excuse? Ha HA 😆

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘If I sold my 575 what should I get instead?’ is closed to new replies.