Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • if i buy a van will i need to…………
  • fastindian
    Free Member

get van insurance or can i get err..domestic car type insurance i.e. not for business use?

cynic-al
    Free Member

well you will be telling your insurer what the vehicle is and the use also?

project
    Free Member

if you use ANY vehicle for travel to any place which isnt your normal place of work,eg another ofice or workplace then you need buisness insurance, getcaught out and your insurance is invalid, they pay for damage to the other vehicle but not yours .

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You will have to have a copy of the Sun on the dashboard.

This is a FACT.

druidh
    Free Member

If it’s a van for personal use than you just need personal insurance. Do a wee search here for suggestions on which companies are likely to offer you a decent deal. I’m with NFU.

coffeeking
    Free Member

if you use ANY vehicle for travel to any place which isnt your normal place of work,eg another ofice or workplace then you need buisness insurance, getcaught out and your insurance is invalid, they pay for damage to the other vehicle but not yours .

That’s the same for any vehicle?

Del

yes.
    anyway, try direct line. my pug expert came out cheaper than my previous seat leon. similar engine size, but if anything the van’s a bit quicker…
    DL assume both domestic and business use BTW.

amplebrew

I’m also with Direct Line insuring my Dispatch on a car policy.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Myth – van insurance is more expensive
    Fact – insurance is based on risk

Mine was always reasonable even as a sole trader

Mugboo

I use Brentacre for my T4. The policy allows me to change it slowly into a campervan. I just phone them each time I alter something.
    I can change owt apart from power.

I gave Nfu a try this time but they were. £200 dearer.

messiah
    Free Member

picture deleted

nealglover
    Free Member

That picture (on this thread) loses its comedy value somewhat.

You should have waited for a Health and Safety thread really so it was relevant and had extra impact 😉

IHN

You don’t have to get business use, but not all ‘normal’ insurers will insure vans.

If you intend to convert it to a campervan (or it is a campervan already), it’s a different ballgame altogether.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I have my van on personal insurance based on 6k pa, cheap as.. Don’t use it for commercial use see.. just carry bikes and windsurf gear in it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

There are 2 types of business use
    Carriage of own goods (ie same as normal car for work)
    & Proper white van man mental stuff

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘if i buy a van will i need to…………’ is closed to new replies.