Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • If downhill/freeride is so awesome
  • muckytee
    Free Member

If dowhill and Freeride is so epic then why don’t we all ditch our 100mm – 140mm trail bikes and do Freeride/DH.

Just asking, what is it about trail/xc riding that’s so good compared to the other disciplines?

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

you can do it if you’re shite

Wookster

Balls……….. 😆

Militant_biker

You can trail/xc ride almost anywhere. You need a hill to DH.

Duane…
    Free Member

People liking different things? Goodness me, whatever next.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Edit…troll.

muckytee
    Free Member

I knew somebody would say troll, I am just asking, what does it for people when it comes to XC/trail, Maybe I read too much Dirt magazine…

Rorschach
    Free Member

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Anyone who can ride a bike can get into trailriding, and can do it almost anywhere, on a pretty shit bike.

You really need to WANT to spend all day pushing up hills (which might not be local) with an expensive bike for 3 minute descents.

jedi

its all mtbing. pick your pigeon hole

Rorschach
    Free Member

How many holes has a pigeon got?

sam2391
    Free Member

Ive just sold my freeride bike to get a trail bike, want to be able to ride loops with flow rather than push up rag it down all day. You can still go do downhill on a 5″ trail bike just cant ride 30 miles on a DH bike (unless you dont feel pain)

mccett
    Free Member

Location. If i lived in Whistler, i’d prob ride DH all the time. I don’t, so i ride a bike that goes up and down hills. Anyone who calls themselves ‘a downhiller’ and lives in the UK is missing out on 95% of available riding time.

muckytee
    Free Member

Some people ride in full face helmets and on DH bikes in my local wood, now I am there thinking either I am doing it wrong and thus missing out and would have more fun on a DH bike, or they are doing it wrong and are over biked, or merely messing about…

mybike
    Free Member

Location. If i lived in Whistler, i’d prob ride DH all the time. I don’t, so i ride a bike that goes up and down hills. Anyone who calls themselves ‘a downhiller’ and lives in the UK is missing out on 95% of available riding time.

Or has more than 1 bike

jam-bo

without some form of uplift DH bikes suck.

with, they are truly awesome.

freeride bikes just suck.

legend
    Free Member

Some people ride in full face helmets and on DH bikes in my local wood, now I am there thinking either I am doing it wrong and thus missing out and would have more fun on a DH bike, or they are doing it wrong and are over biked, or merely messing about…

Once upon a time, I took my DH bike to Glentress to see what folk were getting out of it. I will never, ever be doing that again! (the guy there recently on a Summum was classic though!)

Did this thread really go full retard from the off?

Duane…
    Free Member

freeride bikes just suck.

Why? I’m quite fond of mine (even though I’m not a fan of the term “freeride”)

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I like freeride. 🙂
    I don’t like payride 🙁

cookeaa

I like bike riding. Including but not limited to DH. I own several bikes each with a different purpose.
    I don’t believe I am unique in this…

whats the actual issue OP?

oliverd1981
    Free Member

It’s a short sharp adrenaline hit versus a slow burn – depends how you like your kicks.

A day of DH is probably just as intense as a day on an XC loop. Of course you’ll get more miles and saddle time on an XC bike, but you just can’t tame the same sort of terrain.

Having said that it if wasn’t for the annual Alps pilgrimage I’m not sure I’d own a DH bike (albeit that the SX is more of a mini-DH).

For a UK rider a DH bike isn’t going to be “the one” unless they’re exceptionally committed.

beicmynydd
    Free Member

I have 3 bikes XC, DH and and in between bike freeride bike.

It’s nice to do some old school XC loops, trail centre and uplift days.

Sometimes it’s nice to do some really technical DH rides over wet rocks
    and roots others it’s just as much fun to do a a 5hr ride.
    Also nice to push / ride a freeride bike up a mountain.

At the end of the day to me it’s just mountain biking.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘If downhill/freeride is so awesome’ is closed to new replies.