Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • If anyone's thinking about switching from 5010 gen 1 to gen 2…
  • tryert
    Free Member

Do it! Significantly better bike in virtually every way. 😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

It confuses me that BikeCos that are so great at designing bikes, and have been doing so for decades, can make one that’s sooooooooooooo much better than a few years ago.

bikeneil
    Free Member

It confuses me that BikeCos that are so great at designing bikes, and have been doing so for decades, can make one that’s sooooooooooooo much better than a few years ago.

They don’t. The cleverness is in convincing people that they have.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tryert
    Free Member

They’ve convinced me for sure. Bottom line is the newer bike is just more fun. You have to pay up for the privilege though!

Northwind

cynic-al – Member

Wasn’t the 5010 that bike where they were designing a 26 inch Blur then at the last minute decided it had to be 650b because the marketing manager said so? That’s a good way to make a bike that’s easily improved for the next version.

Just looking at the geometry of the mk2 and they’ve certainly dragged it kicking and screaming into about 2012, so that’s progress.

tryert
    Free Member

wow! 2012 era bikes seem to be jolly popular around here. go figure

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘If anyone's thinking about switching from 5010 gen 1 to gen 2…’ is closed to new replies.