Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • If Alonso and Button were rookie drivers, would top teams be thinking they have
  • matthewmountain
    Free Member

So most f1 drivers start in mid to rear end teams on the grid. Now there are two world champions miles back. if they were rookie drivers, trying to make their way into a top team, would they be noticed? Are they performing well enough in a naff car?

I know they are proven, but this season they don’t seem to have done anything very well. Where as the likes of Sianz and Verstappen are showing fans and team bosses what they can do.

so if you were a team boss, looking for new drivers, have Alonso and Button got what it takes? I can’t help thinking that if they were rookies McLaren would have binned them.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Mclaren will have a good prediction of what lap time the car is capable of in theory.I suspect Alonso and Button are doing better than that.Their ability to develop the car and appease the sponsors is also a big factor.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Yeah I would say they would be noticed both Alonso and Button have been driving very well this year. Bar Buttons very uncharacteristic collision.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘If Alonso and Button were rookie drivers, would top teams be thinking they have’ is closed to new replies.