Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Idiots guide to low and high speed compression please!
  • ridethelakes
    Free Member

So, just got my 36’s FITted and now I have two more knobs to twiddle. A quick google hasn’t been too enlightening so anyone able to give me a quick dummies guide on what they’re for and how to set them up?

Thanks!

neninja
    Free Member

Low speed compression covers slower fork movements from things like pedal bob, trail undulations, brake dive, moving around on the bike

High speed will be things that make the fork move quickly so hitting trail obstacles like roots, square edged obstacles, landing jumps and drops

Three_Fish
    Free Member

landing jumps

I believe that drops and jumps are actually low speed compression events.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    LoCo
    Free Member

Hi have a look at the glossary and setuo guide should ocver everything you need to know any other queries feel free to drop me a mail 😀

http://locotuning.co.uk/tech-info.html

br
    Free Member

The low speed is/are the forces pushing down (you), and the high speed is/are the forces pushing up (bumps).

At least on a bike.

And the only real way to set them, is experiment while riding. Made a serious difference to my 36’s once they were right.

ridethelakes
    Free Member

Loco, good guide ta, thanks for the other responses too.

retro83
    Free Member

Three_Fish – Member

landing jumps

I believe that drops and jumps are actually low speed compression events.

Work out the speeds involved. I was always crap at physics (so maybe somebody can verify this?) but a 0.5m drop is coming out of my calculator as 3.13 m/s. Seems pretty high speed compared to pedal bob! 🙂

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Seems pretty high speed compared to pedal bob!

And pretty low-speed when compared to slamming into a 10cm high root at 25mph.

neninja
    Free Member

Depends how you land them really

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Idiots guide to low and high speed compression please!’ is closed to new replies.