Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Idiots Guide to finding Enduro Trails at FoD
  • paulneenan76
    Free Member

FoD regular but I’m going this Saturday and want to ride the Enduro trail/s, as apart from the odd venture out away from the trail centre, I ride all the same stuff. Spoke to someone when out on launchpad but between his instructions and my navigation I never found the start, so, who can help someone with no sense of direction pick this trail/s up??

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Trailforks?

Rickos
    Free Member

Have you done the Dowie’s area? It’s over in Elwood. Lots of options all starting in roughly the same place.

mark90
    Free Member

Do your homework on Strava and Trailforks, or get a guide.

One of the enduro trails is next to launchpad, just go a little further along the fireroad to the left.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

@Rickos I’ve not been over there but will keep it in mind.

@mark90 is that past the original start and on the left of the fireroad or the new start on the right of the fire road where the DH tracks start??

mark90
    Free Member

I was talking about from the middle fireroad where launch pad starts (not the new top section which is called countdown and starts from the top drop off area). Facing the start ‘gate’ of launch pad, go left along the fire road, where the fireroad goes left the enduro trail drops off on the right.

The top section of that enduro trail comes out on the fireroad just behind you if facing the launch pad start. This trail starts from the blue Verderers trail on the left about 30m before Verderers crosses the uplift/DH fireroad.

Also look for Y2K on trailforks/strava.

The other trails are harder to describe/find without being shown.

mboy
    Free Member

Do your homework on Strava and Trailforks, or get a guide.

I’ll be honest, no amount of Strava Homework is going to help you find some of them! Just get a guide… That said though, this time of year isn’t really ideal to start riding some of these trails, as they’re typically very loose, loamy, rooty, and perpetual moisture for 4-6 months makes some of them a right handful!

FoD regular

Have you done the Dowie’s area?

I’ve not been over there but will keep it in mind.

😕

Seriously… I can’t stress just how much this will improve your riding experience at the FoD… GET A GUIDE!

marksnook
    Free Member

Thought y2k was technically almost on the map now?!

Just keep taking random fire roads and paths and you will find something!

mark90
    Free Member

I’ll be honest, no amount of Strava Homework is going to help you find some of them!

Agreed for some of them, but there is a whole lot that it will help you find. Reckon around 40 trails Cannop > Dowies > Shutcastle > Parkend > Staple edge that are findable through Strava, as I have for the most part. After that it is the more hidden gems, but it’s a good starting point.

I agree a guide will make it easier and short cut some of the leg work.

mark90
    Free Member

Oh the other thing that I find works really well is talking to people out on the trails. Where have they been, where are they going, what’s good etc. This can be particularly fruitful if you bump into any of the local regulars, trail builders etc.

Trimix
    Free Member

Its either “Left at the tree” or do some exploring.

That’s what I’ve been doing over the years and its unearthed some amazing riding.

Most of which I couldn’t describe where it is anyway, nor pass on a GPX as its all in the woods and the accuracy is rubbish.

Good stuff comes from good old fashion exploring. Its not a trail centre with a map (thank god).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Idiots Guide to finding Enduro Trails at FoD’ is closed to new replies.