• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by burt.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Idiot error no. xxx Rockshox threshold adjuster.
  • roverpig

OK, so I’ve made that classic mistake (not for the first time) of compressing my Rockshox RCT3 fork before fully assembling the damper and firing that shaft that adjusts the threshold across the shed again 😳 It makes a fair old bang ! Having checked my head for any extra holes, I located the shaft, put it all back together and it’s working fine, except that there are no clicks when I rotate that little silver (threshold?) adjuster at the top.

If I remember correctly, I think there is a little spring loaded ball bearing in the shaft that gives the clicks, but there is no chance I’ll find that in the shed and it doesn’t seem to be in either of the service kits I’ve got. So, does anyone know of a source for these little fellers?

roverpig

Just me then 🙂

teethgrinder

Which fork?

roverpig

Bluto this time. Think it was a Pike (or maybe a Rev) last time 😳

burt
    Free Member

No not just you. Luckily I found the ball bearing, or one exactly the same size, on the floor. The spring, amazingly, was still inside the shaft. Try and find one that fits the hole in the shaft. It should move slightly loosely. Haven’t a clue what the correct size is though.

roverpig

Thanks, I wasn’t expecting the exact size, but confirmation that there should be one and that is should be a loose fit is helpful. As is knowing that I’m not alone 😀

burt
    Free Member

I was leaning over mine, putting a bit of weight on the fork to compress them.how it never hit me in the face I’ll never know. Hopefully you still have the spring as I reckon that will be a nightmare to replace. Good luck

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Idiot error no. xxx Rockshox threshold adjuster.’ is closed to new replies.