Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 576 total)
  • iDieting
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Who is still doing this?
    Anyone started recently?

A weekend of excess had upped my weight a few lb over my long term average… in one week I’ve dropped 8 lbs, and I’m lighter than when I finished LEJOG earlier this year.

Any cheap lunch suggestions?

donsimon
    Free Member

This should help you get back up to fighting weight.

oddjob
    Free Member

I’m still at it. Started in March and have stuck to it (apart from a bad week off over easter)

Now 14kg down and feeling great. (I do need to buy a whole new wardrobe full of clothes though :-))

I am about 15% body fat now so I want to get rid of another 4kg ish so that I am 12% and then I have to figure out some sort of maintenance strategy. Probably just stick to the idiet and add a bit of fruit from time to time and relax some of the rules a little.

Any others?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Oh, I’m still eating fruit. I also eat muesli for breakfast as it’s post exercise.

Are oatcakes in??

plodtv
    Free Member

I have been iDieting for four months. I went on a two week all inclusive holiday in the middle, and managed to spike my weight up higher than where it was at the start. I am now down to my lowest after recovering from that. I have lost 7kg. 19kg since I started trying to loose weight but 7kg iDave attributed.

For lunch I have emergency tinned chickpeas and tuna (for when I don’t have something left over from the night before).

oddjob
    Free Member

Has anyone tried some sort of paleo dieting thing as a maintenance plan? It looks interesting, but I have a suspicion that there won’t be enough carbs involved to manage training and racing.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I might start I think. I’ve read that you can eat as much as you want of the things that are on the list. I’m going to see how much weight I can put on.

camo16
    Free Member

don simon’s suggestion is wrong on so many levels.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Chickpeas and tuna was yesterday, today is chickpeas and eggs (both with salad and seeds).

Solo
    Free Member

Who is still doing this?

Did the iDave suggestions for a year, dropped a bit then levelled out.

Now doing something of a hybrid and weight is again shifting.

However. I am 6′ 1″, 32″ waist and around 82Kg now, so not exactly a bloater.

Solo
    Free Member

Has anyone tried some sort of paleo dieting thing as a maintenance plan? It looks interesting, but I have a suspicion that there won’t be enough carbs involved to manage training and racing

Paleo-ish is fine if you do the right stuff.

Its the activity which is questionable.

Roblilly
    Free Member

I am. Went from 98 to 80kg and can maintain that fine.

Eat what I like at weekends, I dave during the week.

scruff
    Free Member

I’m kind of back on the iWagon. Lost nearly a stone last year but put it all back on over the summer mainly through beer, pasties and not being arsed to eat properly.

I’m currently trying that quinonoiana stuff a bit. Tried to make chick pea patties last night but they fell apart, I need an iCookbook.

oddjob
    Free Member

In what way is training and racing questionable? (other than the fact that I’m not very good, but you didn’t know that when you posted 😀 )

Solo
    Free Member

I need an iCookbook practice.

😉

trickydisco
    Free Member

Has anyone tried some sort of paleo dieting thing as a maintenance plan? It looks interesting, but I have a suspicion that there won’t be enough carbs involved to manage training and racing

Well i was on the idave diet from January lthis year. I started training in December to start racing in April.

I got on fine with idave

seosamh77
    Free Member

where is this idiet. see people talking about it all the time, anyone have linkage?

Solo
    Free Member

In what way is training and racing questionable? (other than the fact that I’m not very good, but you didn’t know that when you posted

My point of view is starting to lean towards the possibility that we are not designed to endure prolonged periods of very high HR activity.
    Its not what I believe we evolved to do.
    This of course, wrt following a paleo style of outlook on diet and exercise.

Of course, man has noted that he can push himself to race, etc.
    But doing a thing, doesn’t always make it right for your body, health, etc.

But taking a step back and viewing it from an alternative perspective.
    I’m not convinced that Going Chronic Cardio is a good thing.

Not lecturing, just sharing my thoughts.
    As infrequent and as simple as they are.
    😀

oddjob
    Free Member

I’ve been training and racing on it too – seems to work fine. I just guess that at some point I won’t need to lose more weight and then what should I start to eat?

Can I just survive indefinately on the idave formula?

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m pretty much 110% certain that you just up the red wine aspect of the iDiet oddjob. life gets instantly more enjoyable.

oddjob
    Free Member

I’ll need to join AA if I up it much more. I have replaced evening snacking with red wine consumption. I still stick to 2 glasses a night max, but the glasses are getting bigger and fuller 🙂

Solo
    Free Member

Can I just survive indefinately on the idave formula?

That really is a loaded Q.

I’ve been delving more into the biological side of this whole shebang and as a consequence have made little tweaks to iDave’s suggestion.

But on the whole, if its a choice between the high carb, refined carb diet that some follow, blindly or otherwise.
    Or the iDave suggestion for eating and your diet.
    iDave is still the way to go for sure.

Not like I’m qualified or owt.

😀

Solo
    Free Member

i’m pretty much 110% certain that you just up the red wine aspect of the iDiet oddjob. life gets instantly more enjoyable.

😀 😆

oddjob
    Free Member

I am certainly not going back the old highly processed carbs (I have been researching as well :-)) but I was curios about how to adapt the diet to make it a bit more fun whilst maintaining all the good stuff.

Maybe I will just change saturday binges into weekend binges and spend the rest of the week recovering!

Solo
    Free Member

I am certainly not going back the old highly processed carbs (I have been researching as well :-))
    Good to know that. You’re doing the right thing, imo.
    😉

I’ve had to stand on the shoulders of some nice and generous people, in order to see as far or as little as I have.

Thanks to iDave and others for that.

I’ve also recently experienced some astonishing changes not weight related.

Other aspects where the body is now telling me I’m doing some good stuff for it, from a diet point of view.

iDave set me / us, on a path, but ultimately, while armed with iDave’s advice.
    We’ll find our own detailed solutions.
    Mostly.
    🙂

Solo
    Free Member

Surprized to see that the regulars or the OP have nothing to add…

oddjob
    Free Member

I’ve had to experiment a little with supplements to avoid getting serious cramps in the night and I have to constantly remind myself to drink enough water. Otherwise it’s all been good.

What other changes have you experienced (if it’s not too personal)?

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

By regulars, don’t you just mean TYS and Jamie winding up Mol? 🙂

TSY, 8lbs?! You’ll waste away!

bigdawg
    Free Member

I started in April, just after racing season started, and that combined with the basis of the idiet has lost me pretty much two stone. I say the basis as I still eat fruit and have a pitta with my poached eggs. But as I say this is combined with a full racing season and training which obviously has a huge effect.

From 12st 4 as of this morning im 10st 6 with 9% body fat. Not looking forward to the end of hte racing season though…

philconsequence
    Free Member

oddjob, i find putting a 1.5ltr bottle of water in the fridge each night.. then when i wake up having a big ol’ glug from it is a good way to start the day, then i always make sure the bottle is finished by 4:30pm. that way i know i’m drinking a good amount of water each day in addition to any other drinks i have over the 24hr period.

tescos – £2 for 6 bottles means you get mineral water and its not too pricey. (tastier than the milk coloured limescale fest that is tap water in Reading)

Solo
    Free Member

What other changes have you experienced (if it’s not too personal)?

I had a small patch of eczema.

Had it for around 20 years and just treated the symptons as directed by GP.

Then recently, by accident / bonus of making some changes.
    The eczema is gone.

May not sound like a biggie to most folk, but I never liked using pharma.

For two decades, I didn’t find out, and nobody told me that eczema, mine, was my body reacting to my diet or a constituent of it.
    So I had been directed to just treat / manage the symptom.

But, there was a reason, it wasn’t the mystery my GP seemed to think it was.

A pleasant bonus.

😉

Solo
    Free Member

tescos – £2 for 6 bottles means you get mineral water and its not too pricey. (tastier than the milk coloured limescale fest that is tap water in Reading)

Thats exactly what I do.
    😀

oddjob
    Free Member

I drink ½ litre before breakfast and about another 3 litres during the day! I seem to need a minimum of 2 litres to stay hydrated and I guess the extra doesn’t hurt although I spend a lot of time walking to and from the toilet.

bigdawg – congrats on that weight loss, that is impressive!

sobriety
    Free Member

I get far fewer spots, and I no longer have sneezing fits, unless I eat bread based products, so I guess something in the bread disagrees with me…

Solo
    Free Member

I get far fewer spots, and I no longer have sneezing fits, unless I eat bread based products, so I guess something in the bread disagrees with me…

We have not, imo, evolved to eat and thrive on grains.

Our paleolithic ancestors didn’t do so.

Do yourselves a favour and avoid them.

Eat lots of plants and animals.
    Its what your body wants and what it has evolved to thrive on during the last couple of million years.
    😉

oddjob
    Free Member

and peanut M&Ms one day a week 🙂

Solo
    Free Member

and peanut M n Ms one day a week

😆

EDIT:

I no longer do the one day off, a week.

However, I’m also not strictly iDave diet anymore.

bigdawg
    Free Member

im quite proud of it but doing two hour xc races virtually everyweekend (and turbo versions when not racing) combined with the diet is having a huge impact.

I actually started after seeing a picture of myself at the first race of the season and couldnt believe how fat I looked, and as im rding 20yr old hardtail ti frame really needed to do something before I had to replace the frame!

Couple of things Ive noticed though…
    When racing I dont need as much drink or gels as I used to (500ml will now last me virtually the race – I used to take three of these, and maybe two or three gels as opposed to every 20 minutes)
    The thought of cereals for breakfast is kind of offputting, just dont fancy them anymore
    all my trousers, jeans & shorts look like Ive tied them up with string! Nothing fits me anymore and without a belt Im lucky if they dont just fall off.
    Lycra shorts look baggy!

sobriety
    Free Member

We are not, imo, evolved to eat and thrive on grains.

Our paleolithic ancestors didn’t do so.

Do yourselves a favour and avoid them.

It’s alright dear, I’m already idave positive, I’ve just noticed this on binge day, unfortunately I like bagels too much not to have them ever!

Solo
    Free Member

It’s alright dear, I’m already idave positive, I’ve just noticed this on binge day, unfortunately I like bagels too much not to have them ever!

Cool. 😀

But if you ever get the time. Try really looking into what you are getting from grains.

Once I found out, then for me, there simply wasnt’ any reason whatsoever to eat them.

That doesn’t mean to say though that if I’m out to dinner, I won’t break a little bread just to be sociable as much as anything.
    But its not on the shopping list anymore.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 576 total)

The topic ‘iDieting’ is closed to new replies.